1.    #1  
    I noticed this during CES, but failed to post about it. Haven't seen anyone else comment on it either.

You can see what I'm talking about in the beginning of this video -->

When you start up an app now, the launcher disappears and you see only the background for a short moment. Then, the app window "swipes" up full screen from the bottom of the phone.

Notice in that video that this has changed. It would appear that in 1.4, the launcher still disappears and shows the background for a short moment, but the app window "swipes" up in card view, then maximizes to full screen.

Fancy, eh?
    Ok if it is faster I guess
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I noticed that during CES too. It gives the user perceived reduced loading times.
    Trying to "reduce" loading times by drawing attention elsewhere is probably what they're aiming for........
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    Ah, distraction. It's what makes magic work.
    You can replicate this on WebOS 1.3.5.1 by swiping up from the gesture area immediately after launching an app.

It's usefull when opening an app you didn't mean to, because you can close it without having to wait for the full load time. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    You can replicate this on WebOS 1.3.5.1 by swiping up from the gesture area immediately after launching an app.

It's usefull when opening an app you didn't mean to, because you can close it without having to wait for the full load time. haha
    I do that all the time!
  8. CoobeyMeyer
    Actually my burrito is pretty nice
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    look over there!!! oh.. your app is ready now.

I do that all the time. Also good to get the launcher up quickly to open another app (like Freeteather and Mobile Hotspot)
    Actually kinda off topic slightly, but notice what she says in the video about the resolution? she says its recording at HVGA, BUT they will be expanding to record at full VGA. put that on the tray as a future item of an update.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    acts just like my 1.3.5 pre
    I just noticed this today when looking at this video. However, on a different it looks as if its only being utilized on the videos / photos / camera app. I also notice the animations are slightly snappier. I really really hope that they continue to make the OS more responsive because to be honest it does get on my nerves when things look jerky on such an otherwise modern phone. :-/
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ng an app.

You don't have to wait for anything to load before swiping it away. You can swipe it away whenever you want to.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I read somewhere that the original iphone had a delay when opening up apps as well. can anyone confirm this? (i havent owned an iphone so i cant say for sure.) - just wondering if this is true out of pure curiousity
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I just noticed this today when looking at this video. However, on a different it looks as if its only being utilized on the videos / photos / camera app. I also notice the animations are slightly snappier. I really really hope that they continue to make the OS more responsive because to be honest it does get on my nerves when things look jerky on such an otherwise modern phone. :-/
    I believe the story was that the units they had on display at CES, only the video recording Pres had 1.4 on the device, and those phones were only handled by Palm reps. The Pre Plus phones attendees got to handle had on 1.3.5.1. As I remember things anyways, and that would explain why in the video related clips the cards open that way, but when the guy is handling it in the video you link to they open the "current" way.