1.    #1  
    New here folks. Haven't even gotten my Pre Plus yet (waiting on my upgrade window at the end of next month), but I have noticed that the integrated messaging app only covers AIM and GTalk for IM. Personally I feel like those are some the least used protocols. Why no MSN/Live or Yahoo messaging?

I know someone has written a patch to get them on there, but frankly I am averse to patching my Pre until I have significant time with it to feel comfortable doing so. Just curious why the more common protocols were excluded and if they will ever "officially" be included?

Just curious.

Sean
    Yahoo is available but battery life will take a hit using IM engines (yahoo, gtalk, etc).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Yeah hopefully Live will be added soon. And yeah, I bet battery life takes a hit. I don't use it often on my Centro - really only when I can't reach someone via text or call. So it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Problem is, 95% of my contacts are on MSN/Live messenger. Doh! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Yeah hopefully Live will be added soon. And yeah, I bet battery life takes a hit. I don't use it often on my Centro - really only when I can't reach someone via text or call. So it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Problem is, 95% of my contacts are on MSN/Live messenger. Doh! LOL

Same. and don't even bother using the patches they don't / won't work with MSN if you have a large contact list.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Same. and don't even bother using the patches they don't / won't work with MSN if you have a large contact list.
    I am staying away from all patches and homebrews for quite some time until I feel comfortable enough with the Pre and webOS to start hacking into it. I figure as the development cycle for webOS gets easier, most legitimate homebrews will end up in the App catalog anyway...
    For the occasional text chat on MSN etc I prefer to use the browser based http://pre.mundu.com
    It's free for now and works well in your Pre's browser
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    For the occasional text chat on MSN etc I prefer to use the browser based http://pre.mundu.com
    It's free for now and works well in your Pre's browser
    Sweet! I had not heard of this! Good to know.

Man, I am going to have SO MUCH catching up to do here over the next month to try to be up to speed on the Pre and webOS when I get mine... LOL