Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    After being on the Pre fence for a while, heres what its down to for me and the wife:

I know Sprint will probably get something new and better this summer. But Im ready for new phone and not going to Verzion for anything. My Centro and her Instinct are shot and lame.

Lady at Sprint said she would give me and the wife 19% off the $69 plan each for the Pre, and then wed both be able to get the yearly upgrade benefit which is my main goal.

I figure this way I get the Pre now, enjoy it, and if something else comes out in 6 months, I can grab 6 months later with my upgrade benefit.

Sound like a legit plan?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Sounds good, although I didn't know that two lines on an account could have the one-year upgrade credit cycle. I thought it was the primary line on a premier/business account.

It would probably be smart to get the 19% discount plus the one-year renewal credit in writing from the lady at Sprint. That way, in the event that it disappears or there is some question in the future, you can have that to verify that you're supposed to have the discount.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    My wife and I own two Pres on Sprint and love them. We've had ours since July 09 and have had no problems.

With discounts we pay 109 dollars a month for two Pres with the Simply Everything Unlimited Family Plan with 1500 shared minutes.

Technology is always advancing at a break neck pace, if you sit and wait long enough for the next best thing, you'll miss out on the current best thing.
    It sounds like you are saying you want to get two primary lines and two Everything Data 450 plans. With the 19% discount that would be $113.38/month plus taxes and probably and additional $14 (2 x $7) for insurance. Unless you use gobs of minutes now, you'll have plenty of minutes (because mobile to any mobile calls are free, and nights start at 7pm). Since each phone is on the primary line, they should each be eligible for Sprint Premier upgrades after 1 year.

What you are doing sounds pretty smart! (I'm surprised we didn't think of that strategy before you mentioned it.) Go4it and keep the wife happy!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    Sounds good, although I didn't know that two lines on an account could have the one-year upgrade credit cycle. I thought it was the primary line on a premier/business account.

It would probably be smart to get the 19% discount plus the one-year renewal credit in writing from the lady at Sprint. That way, in the event that it disappears or there is some question in the future, you can have that to verify that you're supposed to have the discount.
    to clarify - we would each have our own account - forgo the family plan for the yearly upgrade benefit.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    It sounds like you are saying you want to get two primary lines and two Everything Data 450 plans. With the 19% discount that would be $113.38/month plus taxes and probably and additional $14 (2 x $7) for insurance. Unless you use gobs of minutes now, you'll have plenty of minutes (because mobile to any mobile calls are free, and nights start at 7pm). Since each phone is on the primary line, they should each be eligible for Sprint Premier upgrades after 1 year.

What you are doing sounds pretty smart! (I'm surprised we didn't think of that strategy before you mentioned it.) Go4it and keep the wife happy!
    the 19% discount + separate plans which give the yearly upgrade benefit each seem to seal the deal for me. and now that the touchstone is $29, i think i have to act!
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post

As long as there are multiple plans, that is, not a family share plans, they're eligible for individual upgrades even though they're on the same account.
    You are coming in at the right time and doing it right (by getting the two separate plans so you can get the yearly upgrades). Your initial contracts will each be two-years - and every year when you get new phones, the old contracts are replaced with new two-year ones again.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    @ sudoer:

Is that right? I thought the upgrade privilege was for the phone alone. I didn't realize that my current contract would be replaced with another two-year?
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    @ sudoer:

Is that right? I thought the upgrade privilege was for the phone alone. I didn't realize that my current contract would be replaced with another two-year?
    Yes. Check into it to confirm, but that's the deal we all have. Still it's really not that bad, because after another year, you just get new phones again an keep replacing the old contract with new two year. It's sort of like a sliding scale and it keeps Sprint's shareholders from wetting their pants.

EDIT: Here is some ASCII art showing how it works:

2010______2011______2012______2013______2014______2015
    +--phone--+
    +------contract-------+
    __________+--phone--+
    __________+------contract-------+
    ____________________+--phone--+
    ____________________+------contract-------+
    ______________________________+--phone--+
    ______________________________+------contract-------+
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/25/2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm gonna go for it - just ordered 2 TS's from Dell for $29 in prep. What a great deal.

Looking forward to being active on the boards.

Thanks everyone!