Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    In the Adobe Labs demos of Flash 10.1 on the Pre, the Flash apps (games, in that case) seem to "pause" as soon as the user switches to card view.

While this is great for games, what about for Flash apps that you would rather have running? For instance, a Flash-based score tracker for MLB games or something along those lines. The user might want to keep a live Flash app in card view, in order to check the scores now and then without having to bring up the full app.

What do you guys think? Any insight as to how this will be handled?

To me, it would seem to be a shame if every single Flash app was always automatically paused when in card view. But perhaps that isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    In the Adobe Labs demos of Flash 10.1 on the Pre, the Flash apps (games, in that case) seem to "pause" as soon as the user switches to card view.

While this is great for games, what about for Flash apps that you would rather have running? For instance, a Flash-based score tracker for MLB games or something along those lines. The user might want to keep a live Flash app in card view, in order to check the scores now and then without having to bring up the full app.

What do you guys think? Any insight as to how this will be handled?

To me, it would seem to be a shame if every single Flash app was always automatically paused when in card view. But perhaps that isn't the case.
    Web pages automatically pause when minimized, so it seems reasonable to assume Flash apps will as well. And, I'm not sure I'd want Flash running in the background--might suck CPU cycles and battery life like nobody's business.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    yea, that's something that you probably don't even want running, if you value battery life.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Yeah, I understand that running Flash apps in the background probably wouldn't be too great for battery life. I just think it would be a nice option to have.