Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Another video recording demo on Palm Pre Plus

There are a lot of reviews out there, but it is the first time I saw this video recording demo showing a little more features ????

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been asked, but it does not appear that you can remove scenes from the middle of a video.
    I wish Palm told us an account where we could see Pre edited and uploaded videos. I would love to check out the audio/video quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by terryman View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked, but it does not appear that you can remove scenes from the middle of a video.
    You can drag the marker from the front and end of the clip to choose a scene from the middle. If that is not what you meant, I am sorry for answering the wrong question...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Ive been wondering the exact same thing since i first saw the video showing the video editing... Anyone have any ideas?
    Hm prob. not. I can't imagine me using even ANY editing on my video on my phone myself...but I could see others wanting that feature.

My question is can you use the LED as a video light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Hm prob. not. I can't imagine me using even ANY editing on my video on my phone myself...but I could see others wanting that feature.

My question is can you use the LED as a video light.
    Sure, why not? Worst case is use one of the myriad of LED flashlight apps/patches.
    Wait i might be out of the loop but VZW Pre came with the new update? Or was that a preview of the update for Feb? (the video rec on youtube linked above)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Wait i might be out of the loop but VZW Pre came with the new update? Or was that a preview of the update for Feb? (the video rec on youtube linked above)

That was a demo from CES, the Pre Plus on Verizon comes with 1.3.5.1.
    Ah thanks, was getting alittle excited that maybe we would close (us sprint people to getting it as well)
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Anyone else catch that when she launches the camera / photos / videos apps they launch differently. It looks as if it loads a card in "minimized" view with a glowing image of the app being launched and then "maximizes" the card when done loading. I would prefer the apps to launch very quickly but I guess this is an aesthetic step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    Anyone else catch that when she launches the camera / photos / videos apps they launch differently. It looks as if it loads a card in "minimized" view with a glowing image of the app being launched and then "maximizes" the card when done loading. I would prefer the apps to launch very quickly but I guess this is an aesthetic step in the right direction.
    Yeah this has been noticed since CES, someone already made another thread about this like 5 minutes ago too. It's obviously a way to distract us from the app loading times.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You can drag the marker from the front and end of the clip to choose a scene from the middle. If that is not what you meant, I am sorry for answering the wrong question...
    Seems like he meant if its possible to select only the beginning & the end of the video. Like if I have a 3 minute video, I just want 0:00-:59 & 2:00-3:00, without having 1:00-1:59 in the final cut.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Seems like he meant if its possible to select only the beginning & the end of the video. Like if I have a 3 minute video, I just want 0:00-:59 & 2:00-3:00, without having 1:00-1:59 in the final cut.
    exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Yeah this has been noticed since CES, someone already made another thread about this like 5 minutes ago too. It's obviously a way to distract us from the app loading times.
    In a different CES video I saw that other programs effectively did not have this function built in and would hang when you launch them just like they do now. Hopefully this is something that is built in to everything by the time 1.4 arrives. But to honest app start time isnt as annoying as programs randomly lagging when multitasking. That drives me up the wall.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think that would require more power. Removing from the middle opens up questions or requests for transitions, because essentially you are cutting the video into multiple clips and putting them back together again.

So I think for now, you can do two edits and get two clips. If you want to put them together, you can go to your PC editing program to put them together and add transitions as well.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I think that would require more power. Removing from the middle opens up questions or requests for transitions, because essentially you are cutting the video into multiple clips and putting them back together again.

So I think for now, you can do two edits and get two clips. If you want to put them together, you can go to your PC editing program to put them together and add transitions as well.

Thanks- so hate to ask but does the iphone allow "middle" editing?
    exactly
    ah... no, you cannot do that.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'd argue it's a usability change. This way it's patently clear that the application has opened in a card. A sensible change on Palm's part.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by saddo View Post
    Ive been wondering the exact same thing since i first saw the video showing the video editing... Anyone have any ideas?
    The video demo shows editing the original video in 1 different frame and one she had done before. She did not say from where exactly what part of the video she started it, at least one of them.

But the video demo shows that one can go to the middle apparently sliding the finger from the left and from the right to reach the middle.

Another interesting thing is that the device kept the original video and the 2 frames edited on the video library as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast