1.    #1  
    My Pre will not download any apps from the Palm app store. All downloads fail and a request is made by the phone to do a reset. After doing this several times I thought to try to download a homebrew app via Preware. No problems. This made me ponder if the problem was perhaps my phone was still in Dev mode thus crapping out official app installs. I toggled the Pre out of Dev mode and tried updating my official apps. All of the updates crapped out and now none of my apps work. They all have exclamation marks on them.

Any ideas. I am thinking of pulling a warranty trade and getting a new one.

Please help! Going out of town for the week and need my apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    My Pre will not download any apps from the Palm app store. All downloads fail and a request is made by the phone to do a reset. After doing this several times I thought to try to download a homebrew app via Preware. No problems. This made me ponder if the problem was perhaps my phone was still in Dev mode thus crapping out official app installs. I toggled the Pre out of Dev mode and tried updating my official apps. All of the updates crapped out and now none of my apps work. They all have exclamation marks on them.

Any ideas. I am thinking of pulling a warranty trade and getting a new one.

Please help! Going out of town for the week and need my apps!
    Try running the Emergency Migration Helper in Preware.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    This happened to me at one point. I tried the Emergency Migration Helper, but that did not fix the problem. I had to with the Doctor and worked fine after that. Not sure about you, but I did a lot of patching over time, even before Preware, so I guess I was due. Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    Web OS will not even see phone now after repeated attempts. I only had one patch on the phone. Can I just reset the phone to factory default without Web OS and start from scratch?
    I am having the SAME problem. Right after I installed a patch via preware (it was either the delete all email or an alarm patch) ... i'd rather not have to webdr. it but ....
    go to backup and turn auto backup off. when prompted choose full erase you will lose all of your data. but the paid apps will restore. this will remove all the preware patches and homebrew apps. your phone will be like new
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    Web OS will not even see phone now after repeated attempts. I only had one patch on the phone. Can I just reset the phone to factory default without Web OS and start from scratch?
    Did you turn dev mode back on? You said you turned it off in the first post. If dev mode isn't on, WOSQUI won't recognize the pre.
    I had the exact same problem for the past 3 weeks (right after automatic upgrade to 1.3.5.1.--did not get a chance to remove patches and tweaks).

I then ran all the emergency patches, and webosrepair. Nothing worked.
    Yesterday (after backing up all data, pictures, music-via usb connect--to my computer) I finally just ran Partial Erase.
    And voila...I can now download apps again from the app catalogue. The best part...all personal files were still on the phone.