1.    #1  
    I've been trying for weeks to upgrade my Pre from 1.2 to 1.3. First I get the "downloading" message, then am told that it can't connect. Previous updates installed without difficulty. Can someone tell me what might be going on? And what I can do about it?

I'd be terribly grateful. Many thanks.
    Well I know Palm lately had an issue with OTA updates, but I heard it's fixed now. If that still fails, you'll probably have to Doctor your phone to the latest version.
    Two days ago I got a replacement Pre from Sprint that had 1.1.0 installed. As of about 3 minutes ago, the updater says my phone is up to date...

I'll post if I figure out any sort of resolution.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well I know Palm lately had an issue with OTA updates, but I heard it's fixed now. If that still fails, you'll probably have to Doctor your phone to the latest version.
    Thanks, but I don't know what you mean by "Doctor your phone."
    It seems that the OTA updates are working once again this afternoon, 1.3.5.1 began downloading for me just a few moments ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresamorrison View Post
    Thanks, but I don't know what you mean by "Doctor your phone."
    He means you can use webOS doctor to manually update the firmware - there are plenty of FAQ's on this site and elsewhere.
    I'd link you to more information, but the forums won't let me post links until I have more posts
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodstuff! View Post
    It seems that the OTA updates are working once again this afternoon, 1.3.5.1 began downloading for me just a few moments ago.

He means you can use webOS doctor to manually update the firmware - there are plenty of FAQ's on this site and elsewhere.
    I'd link you to more information, but the forums won't let me post links until I have more posts
    Thanks. Mine always tells me it's downloading too. But it doesn't. Does your download complete, and can you install?

THanx for the info about Doctor, I'll hunt this up.