Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm C-40 for Sprint sneak peak at MWC ?
    I found this comment on Engadget site. I donīt know if he is the real Dan Hesse from Sprint?????

Dan Hesse Posted Jan 25th 2010 1:46AMNEUTRAL
    @volvago

Trust it, you don't want to wait til it's to late. That Palm C40 you've all been wondering about will be worth the wait. You might get a sneak peak at the coming up MWC, but shhhh... don't tell them I told you anything.

Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus now on Verizon's site -- Engadget

Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business

Could be a coincidence with the webos update 1.4 for February 15, 2010 coming both together.

By the other way I was guessing again , what means C-40?

C= see
    40= 4.0=perfect score= 4G

SEE 4G= SEE PALM 4G
    its prob the same guy posting as Jon Rubenstein. The posts are annoying and funny at the same time.
  3.    #3  
    I see, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    its prob the same guy posting as Jon Rubenstein. The posts are annoying and funny at the same time.
    At the same time, they are professional. They don't bash (very hard) which makes them even more believable. I also love Steve Jobs. LOL. Yes, they are all pretty funny on there. Very dry sense of humor. My favorite is when Engadget asked "What would you do to improve the Blackberry Storm 2" and "Steve Jobs" replied: "Don't even get me started..."
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    By the other way I was guessing again , what means C-40?

C= see
    40= 4.0=perfect score= 4G

SEE 4G= SEE PALM 4G
    I'm still sticking with my original guess:

C=Clear
    40=4.0=4g
  6.    #6  
    chiliu78
    thats very funny, but also in some way a non direct true
    Last edited by akitayo; 01/25/2010 at 12:16 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

C=Clear
    40=4.0=4g
    wow thats amazing coincidence a palm 4G device

C=Clear
    40=4.0=4g
    i think you maybe correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i think you maybe correct.
    It only makes sense for the updated Palm Pre (whatever they will call it) to be 4G enabled. Rumors have been swirling about a 4G Android phone coming to Sprint. If Sprint wants to keep bragging about how it's the first network provider to have 4G, then it only makes sense for several smartphones to utilize this data speed.

Sadly enough, I bet you Blackberry will be the LAST smartphone maker to utilize 4G - no matter which network offers it. And I tell you what - if they do the same thing they did with the Tour (3G but no wi-fi) on their 4G phones, then they deserve to be killed. At the same time though...Palm kinda did that with the Pixi. Urgh.
    Oh yea...can anyone else also predict that "Mi-Fi" specific gadgets will die off as well? If Palm can do a mobile hotspot for the Palm Pre Plus, it's going to start a firestorm of other makers to utilize the capability on their phones. Shame. First GPS system, and now Mi-Fi units.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Wow, guys , please in HD2 form factor for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    It only makes sense for the updated Palm Pre (whatever they will call it) to be 4G enabled. Rumors have been swirling about a 4G Android phone coming to Sprint. If Sprint wants to keep bragging about how it's the first network provider to have 4G, then it only makes sense for several smartphones to utilize this data speed.

Sadly enough, I bet you Blackberry will be the LAST smartphone maker to utilize 4G - no matter which network offers it. And I tell you what - if they do the same thing they did with the Tour (3G but no wi-fi) on their 4G phones, then they deserve to be killed. At the same time though...Palm kinda did that with the Pixi. Urgh.
    In spite of my optimism though, there is one thing that squelches stuff a little. The Pre is not great on battery life. 4G networking would make it worse. I suspect if my prediction is true, it's going to involve either a slightly larger body, or a greatly improved battery.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I suspect if my prediction is true, it's going to involve either a slightly larger body, or a greatly improved battery.
    I hope so... to be honest I am a little tired of my tiny handle with care pre
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Wow, guys , please in HD2 form factor for this one.
    Sprint will get the iphone before palm makes a phone without a hardware keyboard.
    If this is true... big if... I would hope that Sprint would provide a Mobile Hot Spot app of their own to fully take advantage of the 4G.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Oh yea...can anyone else also predict that "Mi-Fi" specific gadgets will die off as well? If Palm can do a mobile hotspot for the Palm Pre Plus, it's going to start a firestorm of other makers to utilize the capability on their phones. Shame. First GPS system, and now Mi-Fi units.
    that's a laugh.
    there will always be a need for dedicated gps devices (hint: gps isn't just utilized for road navigation.)

you're probably referring to google navigation included in certain android models. that particular bit of software can't be used without a data (3g/wifi) signal. that's a huge hindrance to the mass adoption of free navigation software.

similarly, the use of hotspot-esque apps won't kill off dedicated devices because of battery life.
    also, on current cdma standards at least, no simultaneous data/voice is a huge issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    that's a laugh.
    there will always be a need for dedicated gps devices (hint: gps isn't just utilized for road navigation.)
    So, the rumor about building cell towers in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico to so I can do away with marine GPS are all untrue??
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    So, the rumor about building cell towers in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico to so I can do away with marine GPS are all untrue??
    Dude you heard way wrong they are putting mini towers on airplanes so you should be able to pick up a signal any where!!! Pilots are getting FlyPhones newest thing from apple
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Dude you heard way wrong they are putting mini towers on airplanes so you should be able to pick up a signal any where!!! Pilots are getting FlyPhones newest thing from apple
    Su-weet.
    So, they'll be installing air traffic controllers in the gulf instead? Either way, there's going to be something (besides oil rigs) that I'll have to sail around. No matter, I'll have my trusty GPS to mark them all, right?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Su-weet.
    So, they'll be installing air traffic controllers in the gulf instead? Either way, there's going to be something (besides oil rigs) that I'll have to sail around. No matter, I'll have my trusty GPS to mark them all, right?
    Ya I guess if you still use stand alone GPS pifft get with the times man its all about having a mini radar/sonar/gps combo that's the size of a nickel. It projects a heads up display on any transparent surface it even turns the surface it displays on into a touchscreen. Combine that with the built in 4g radio that catches a signal off the newly installed mini towers on planes and you got the ultimate mapping tools.

But ya if you just wanna use GPS go ahead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast