Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Ya I guess if you still use stand alone GPS pifft get with the times man its all about having a mini radar/sonar/gps combo that's the size of a nickel. It projects a heads up display on any transparent surface it even turns the surface it displays on into a touchscreen. Combine that with the built in 4g radio that catches a signal off the newly installed mini towers on planes and you got the ultimate mapping tools.

But ya if you just wanna use GPS go ahead
    Must be what powerboaters use. Sailors are a different breed.

I've actually got a sextant
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Sprint will get the iphone before palm makes a phone without a hardware keyboard.
    Not sure you checked Engadget, looks like the Android HD2 is coming to Sprint.
    That would be the better phone than any phone on purely Hardware comparison.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Not sure you checked Engadget, looks like the Android HD2 is coming to Sprint.
    That would be the better phone than any phone on purely Hardware comparison.
    I'm really in love with the HD2, and if Sprint is getting on I might just have to get one. Could you provide a link to the article about this? I tried searching on google but didn't find anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I'm really in love with the HD2, and if Sprint is getting on I might just have to get one. Could you provide a link to the article about this? I tried searching on google but didn't find anything.

Thanks
    HTC Supersonic for Sprint possibly spotted in the very, very ugly wild -- Engadget
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Palm C-40 for Sprint sneak peak at MWC ?
    I found this comment on Engadget site. I donīt know if he is the real Dan Hesse from Sprint?????

Dan Hesse Posted Jan 25th 2010 1:46AMNEUTRAL
    @volvago

Trust it, you don't want to wait til it's to late. That Palm C40 you've all been wondering about will be worth the wait. You might get a sneak peak at the coming up MWC, but shhhh... don't tell them I told you anything.

Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus now on Verizon's site -- Engadget

Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business

Could be a coincidence with the webos update 1.4 for February 15, 2010 coming both together.

By the other way I was guessing again , what means C-40?

C= see
    40= 4.0=perfect score= 4G

SEE 4G= SEE PALM 4G
    4.0 is not a perfect score in all academic programs.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    4.0 is not a perfect score in all academic programs.
    I know , just using college/university equivalent to a 100 mark .
  8.    #28  
    So guys, what would be the ideal Palm 4G smartphone, for sure it will need a better CPU and maybe once for all a BIG screen display (just dreaming, this last one)
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, the rumor about building cell towers in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico to so I can do away with marine GPS are all untrue??
    I'm not sure what you meant to type here...?

my original wording needs some clarification: dedicated gps services.

google navigation is not the deathknell it is made to be of traditional gps service developers such as tomtom et al because data networks cannot alone provide the security, stability and reliability of dedicated services.

network coverage does not sufficiently blanket the globe and there are other consumer-grade uses for gps besides road navigation.

i.e. golfing, hiking etc.

besides, there will always be a market for industrial and military-grade solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, the rumor about building cell towers in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico to so I can do away with marine GPS are all untrue??
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    I'm not sure what you meant to type here...?

my original wording needs some clarification: dedicated gps services.

google navigation is not the deathknell it is made to be of traditional gps service developers such as tomtom et al because data networks cannot alone provide the security, stability and reliability of dedicated services.

network coverage does not sufficiently blanket the globe and there are other consumer-grade uses for gps besides road navigation.

i.e. golfing, hiking etc.

besides, there will always be a market for industrial and military-grade solutions.
    It was my smart-a method of agreeing with you. I (and many others) use GPS extensively when we're out at sea. Google Navigation isn't available, nor are cell towers. Those satellites circling the globe still work though.
    To contend with what's coming out as I write this post the Pre 2, C40, whatever, will need a bigger screen, at least a 1 ghz snapper, more storage, 5 star crash rating, etc.... 4g's the icing on the cake... Web OS is just downright amazing and refined with more to go... I personally am not excited about a slate, tablet, pad, whatever.... I want an even more badass phone from this company.... I mean look at the HTC Supersonic... It's got the specs I'm looking for... I'm in no way bashing webos... I too am a Sprint original to the pre....
    I don't know about that 4G guess. Last time I checked 4G is only available in 27 city's and there are roughly 18,000 cities in the US. I know Sprint is supposed to launch a 4G phone sometime this year but I doubt it would be a Palm. It just doesn't seem their style to jump into 4G when there are more important things to work on that all their customers could benefit from instead of a handful.

That being said, I wouldn't be disappointed if I was wrong but I would be miffed.

Now a tablet would be interesting idea and show some serious balls from Palm. If it had similar hardware specs to the Notion Ink Adam tablet (most importantly the Pixel Qi screen) I would consider buying it. Otherwise I'd probably buy the Notion Ink Adam when it comes out.
    Last edited by deesugar; 01/29/2010 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I don't know about that 4G guess. Last time I checked 4G is only available in 27 city's and there are roughly 18,000 cities in the US. I know Sprint is supposed to launch a 4G phone sometime this year but I doubt it would be a Palm. It just doesn't seem their style to jump into 4G when there are more important things to work on that all their customers could benefit from instead of a handful.

That being said, I wouldn't be disappointed if I was wrong but I would be miffed.

Now a tablet would be interesting idea and show some serious balls from Palm. If it had similar hardware specs to the Notion Ink Adam tablet (most importantly the Pixel Qi screen) I would consider buying it. Otherwise I'd probably buy the Notion Ink Adam when it comes out.
    God a WebOS tablet that was basically what notion ink is trying to produce (their "demo" unit at CES still had a wooden test case) would rock. I would prefer a 13" screen though (currently pixel qi claims to only be manufacturing 10.1" screen, but could easily produce bigger ones) as that would be about the size as an A4 sheet of paper (a little narrower, but close enough) and I would love a device to read all of my journal articles on at a close to 1:1 size.

thank you mytether
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12