Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am eligible to renew my phones under the 2 year contract, last night the Verizon website allowed to buy both phones for 49.99, now today when I look up the phones the website will only give me one at my renew price at 49.99 it want to charge me 149.99 for the second phone.

Anyone else running into this, both of my phones are should be getting the 100 dollar off to renew.

Is this Verizon trying to pull a fast one?
    as far as I knew the price was 149.99 for renew and for new customers as the MSRP is around 600 bones.... It IS verizon were talking about here... no suprise if they are wanting to charge something stupid.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have the renew every two plan, and just hit that window on January 8, last night it let me pull up both phone and priced them both at 49.99 but this morning it is only giving me one phone at 49.99 and charging me 149.99 for the second phone, both are eligible to be upgraded as of January 8, 2010.

I will refuse to pull the trigger if they do not honor the 49.99 price on both phones. Kind of dumb on Verizon's part as they make their money on the plans not the phones.

Under my renew every two I get a 100 dollar credit per phone. I just looked up that plan on their website and it does not say it is limited to one phone per account. It does break down the dates as they now will only give you 50 dollars towards a phone every two years, but I am under the old plan where they give me the 100 dollar discount.

I don't know but it grates me that last night it priced them both at 49.99 with my renew every two 100 dollar off but this morning it will only give me that discount on one of my two phones.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The New Every Two credit is only available on the primary number of a family share. The other 9.99/month add-a-lines get the 2-year price ($149.99).

I just went thru the same.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Strange because both phones show up in my account with a 100 dollar discount, I guess that means I will wait for Sprints new offing and leave Verizon after my contract ends on May 8, 2010, See ya Verizon, kind of a dumb way to lose a customer with expensive plans.

Last night they both came up with the same 49.99 price.
    You should have pulled the trigger last night, although I doubt they would have let you have it.. VZ has always only offered the new every 2 on the primary line. You should have known this. If you are ticked off at Verizon for a policy they have had all along...well, I guess I don't know what to say about that.
    Try LIVE customer service agent
    well don't be mad that they are giving you a EXTRA $100 off the primary.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have always in the past got the same deal on both phones on my two year renewals, this time last night it came up but today no dice, however I can get the pixie for free so I did that, my wife does not care if she gets the pre or not.
    Verizon may be experiencing some technical problems with their website (that's my guess). I've heard of a few people having problems accessing the site when it's too congested with customers trying to buy the new phones
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    I have always in the past got the same deal on both phones on my two year renewals, this time last night it came up but today no dice, however I can get the pixie for free so I did that, my wife does not care if she gets the pre or not.
    Dude just call customer service, and explain to them what you saw last night. As far as I know NE2 is for the primary line.