1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I've had a Palm Pre for quite sometime and was wondering the one thing I thought the phone couldn't do was minimize all cards and leave the default home/wallpaper up without closing the cards. I've heard though of people minimizing a few cards, is it possible to minimize all cards and come back to the homescreen? Thanks in advance!

--Ken
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Hold a card til they all minimize, your wall paper is mostly visibile, but the cards are all still open-
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    When you swipe up, you will see the card view. If you then hold down on a card, you get a small card view. It's not minimized per se, but really helps see what you have.
    i think when they say minimize they are not referring to making the cards disappear as a window would on your desktop. it just means make it smaller and sit there and run all pretty in the background. for this i am just guessing because i have not heard of making the card disappear.

if this is what you are referring to
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    some apps can run in the background like brightness unlinked, but most apps can't, maybe sometime we will get a swipe down gesture, that minimizes all open apps, but i don't need something like this atm, maybe if webOS gets widgets. (yes i'm hoping thats the only thing i miss on my pre)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks so much for the responses, I was asking if there was a way to make them disappear, thanks for the clarification. I did really understand the point of making the cards smaller, but now I see the usefulness.

Thanks again to everyone that responded!
  7. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    some apps can run in the background like brightness unlinked, but most apps can't, maybe sometime we will get a swipe down gesture, that minimizes all open apps, but i don't need something like this atm, maybe if webOS gets widgets. (yes i'm hoping thats the only thing i miss on my pre)
    OooOOooOOoo... That'd be sweet... or just the app your swiping? So you can switch through cards around it!
    this is photoshop, but ill like to have a patch to minimize some mini windows at the same time in the background!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I was wondering this very thing myself. Perhaps ask a developer. From what (little) I know of WebOS development, at least two possible solutions:
    - some way to transform all open apps into headless apps (doubt this is possible!)
    - make all cards completely transparent. Since the cards turn semi-transparent when tap-hold, it must be possible to tweak this attribute somewhere.

If somebody finds a way to do this, here would be an interesting way to turn it on:
    - flick a card down to render it transparent
    - transparent cards stay in the row of cards (perhaps leaving empty space between two other cards)
    - flicking an (invisible) card down again will toggle the transparency
    - hold-tap to rearrange cards will render all cards visible during the duration of the operation
    - perhaps notifications to remind us that cards are invisible (but then again, that might be annoying)

Posted a patch request here.
    Last edited by Goyena; 01/25/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)