1.    #1  
    Many say there is no voice record because there is no Voice API, but Palm was able to add Voice Record to the phone.

I discovered this while playing around...
    Goto the Device Info app. Then choose Preferences / Interactive Tests...
    Select "Audio Test". Choose to run the "Phone" Test and it will play a few piano notes into the ear piece. It asks you to press the "Record" button and talk. Then Press "play" and it will playback what you just recorded.
    Last edited by SirRob94; 01/25/2010 at 08:49 AM.
    thank you.

this has been known for a bit now. the problem is that is all you can do at this point. i believe until 1.4 gets released, i forget if that is going to be a feature on there or not. i sure hope so.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  3.    #3  
    I didn't know that could even be done with the current OS version I mean. I am surprised that nobody has created a voice memo record. Obviously it can be done if they have that in there.
    It calls a service:

Code:
    new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.crotest', {
         method: 'RecordSound',
         parameters: {},
         onFailure: function() {
         Logging.log(this.errorClass, "failed Mojo call: RecordSound");
    }.bind(this)
    This service "com.palm.crotest" is a daemon: /usr/bin/crotestd. The daemon itself runs the following command to record the voice:

Code:
    arecord -f cd -D record -d %d %s
    The resulting WAV file goes to:

Code:
    /var/tmp/recordTestFile.wav
    You can test it manually by trying the following command:

Code:
    arecord -f cd -D record -d 10 /media/internal/voice.wav
    You can then open voice.wav with the mp3-player app.

So, it should not be that difficult to put this stuff into a service.
    if you need voice memo Precorder does audio only, video only, or both.