Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You could tell us Sprint ppl.
    We won't bite.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I will let you know tomorrow... ordered online.

I will tell you I currently have the Moto DROID and really love it... but have always wanted the Pre since it came out. I am very excited it is now on Verizon!
    IamReady
    <><

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-20-11 @ 4:25pm EDT. P/O# 43839XX HP Order# 0305395XX reassigned to HP Order# 035751XX. Received email on 9-2-11 for delivery in 2 weeks. SHIPPED 9-19-11.

Ordered 1 32Gb TouchPad on 8-21-11 @ 10:16pm EDT. P/O# 44305XX HP Order# 0305569XX. Received email on 9-7-11 for delivery in 6-8 weeks.

Picked up a 32Gb TouchPad Demo unit from Walmart on 8-30-11 after much negotiation...and Love it!
  3. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    My sister and alot of my friends have a DROID, and it's a good phone and all, I just didn't like the OS all that much, I never really knew what apps were open or closed, even after using an app-killer etc. So I've been geeking out on WebOS ever since I decided it had the UI I wanted, so I'll let you know later on today...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was planning on switching from my Droid today at lunch (and pay $600---ouch) but I think I'm going to wait to see what Apple has planned on Wednesday first before I take the plunge. Well either that or some good first impressions from other Droid owners.
    I'll post later today Best Buy doesn't open for me for another hour and a half. Or any Verizon store for that matter.
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 01/25/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    apparently the sliding mechanism is better. im curious to hear ppls thoughts about that
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Apologies if this has been discussed, but what version of webOS are the +'s launching with? 1.3.5.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed, but what version of webOS are the +'s launching with? 1.3.5.1?
    yes .
  9.    #9  
    I can't believe it. That's pretty dumb, imo. It shoulda been 1.4.x
    You only get 1 chance to make a good first impression, and that would've been 1.4.x right off the bat.
    Even after 1.3.5.1 and all its improvements, this is still an incomplete OS.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/25/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just got home from Verizon!! It took over an hour, but I HAVE my Pre Plus! It is BEAUTIFUL. Spending all day reviewing and learning how to do things. Planning on using this Forum to assist. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
    BTW, the time at Verizon was multitasking: adding a line for the son in college, adding the BOGO Palm Pixi Plus for him, changing plan to Friends and Family, increasing minutes, adding data to one line PLUS purchasing the Pre. The VZW worker was impressed with the phone, had had training, but was not sure how to do everything. She indicated there will be advertising/marketing AFTER launch. Just swapped out battery for one fully charged, and I'm off! Catch you later!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I can't believe it. That's pretty dumb, imo. It shoulda been 1.4.x
    You only get 1 chance to make a good first impression, and that would've been 1.4.x right off the bat.
    Even after 1.3.5.1 and all its improvements, this is still an incomplete OS.
    I don't disagree with you but 1.4.x obviously isn't ready yet. Better to go with 1.3.5.1 than a buggy 1.4.x.
    THe phone is gorgeous. Slider a lot better and is so much faster. It has the 1.3.5.1 on it.
    Picking one up at Best Buy tomorrow.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I don't disagree with you but 1.4.x obviously isn't ready yet. Better to go with 1.3.5.1 than a buggy 1.4.x.
    I agree with that, but i think it should have been a major priority.
    Meh, the only real tangible difference we know of thus far in 1.4 would be video recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Meh, the only real tangible difference we know of thus far in 1.4 would be video recording.

It was written that there would be performance upgrades as well. They might be small, but that always gets me excited. Makes me feel like a kid playing Megaman again and how excited I'd get when I got capsule enhancements...so fun.
    I agree with that, but i think it should have been a major priority.
    It has been less than three weeks since Palm delivered the ability to play some incredible 3D games along with huge performance improvements and battery life enhancements. To suggest that they aren't making updates a priority is totally insane--as is suggesting that 1.3.5.1 represents an "incomplete OS."

You really need to get it under control
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    It has been less than three weeks since Palm delivered the ability to play some incredible 3D games along with huge performance improvements and battery life enhancements. To suggest that they aren't making updates a priority is totally insane--as is suggesting that 1.3.5.1 represents an "incomplete OS."

You really need to get it under control
    I never said they're not making updates a priority. I said they should've made 1.4.x a priority for VZ customers right off the bat to make that all-important first impression.
    I guess we'll know in a couple of months if the VZ customers agree with you. There is still alot missing, PIM and customization-wise.
    Most people over 30yrs old with businesses, medical or other serious jobs need a serious smartphone. Not an arcade.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/25/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Well I guess we'll know in a couple of months if the VZ customers agree with you. There is still alot missing, PIM and customization-wise.
    Most 30+ year-olds with businesses, medical or other serious jobs need a serious smartphone. Not an arcade.
    I fall into the category you describe, a 30+ year-old with his own business, and I use my Palm pre as my serious smartphone every single day. What exactly do you see as missing PIM-wise? Because Palm is taking that pretty seriously too. The recent addition of LinkedIn was a really big deal for me. The email client is robust and fast and unlike most other platforms I can be working on several different replies at once without having to save drafts. The calendar, especially after the 1.3.5 update, handles my complicated schedule with ease and is currently synchronizing from five different sources. I have over 800 contacts on my phone, both business and personal, and the global search still brings up my information almost instantly as I am typing.

But, I still enjoy playing Tetris on my lunch breaks!

Is video recording a must-have feature for the serious businessman who needs a serious phone?
    I never said they're not making updates a priority. I said they should've made 1.4.x a priority for VZ customers right off the bat to make that all-important first impression.
    Replying to the edit now.

Palm makes every update a priority for all of their customers. Don't you see how wildly unrealistic you are being to expect them to deliver a major firmware release only a few short weeks after the last one? The fact that they have been releasing enhancements and updates about every 40 days or so is quite frankly pretty astounding.

Do you think they should have delayed the release on Verizon and wait until 1.4 was ready? That would have been a mistake in my opinion. Video recording doesn't do anything for the "serious businessman" as you say, and 3D games are far more impressive/relevant for the average consumer.

In terms of their prioritization, getting 3D support out there before video recording was definitely the right thing to do. Also, 1.4 will be out very soon. Is every potential Verizon customer going to look at the Pre Plus during this week only? No, there will be plenty of opportunities for first impressions with 1.4 too.
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast