Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hinky View Post
    I mentioned that I thought the removal of a good hardware button on the Pre wasn't such a great idea. It's nice to have a dedicated call answer button or action button, especially in cold, etc. Then we got a response that I had no clue because it's easier to open up the phone and expose the keyboard to answer the call. Now he's proven to us that it is the easiest way to simply answer a call. Whatever. I'm outta here. I agree with you.
    No, that's not quite the way it happened. You got a reasoned response from some of us that said we use it that way (answering by opening). Then you began your nonsense about how that doesn't make sense, why would anyone want to do it, how the button is closer, etc.

I think it's worth pointing out that the open to answer doesn't just happen, Palm programmed it to work like that, probably knowing some folks would use it that way.

The "not having a clue" you kinda brought on your self when you went on about having used it, so you knew all about it. For a whole hour....
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Then you began your nonsense about how that doesn't make sense, why would anyone want to do it, how the button is closer, etc. I think it's worth pointing out that the open to answer doesn't just happen, Palm programmed it to work like that, probably knowing some folks would use it that way.
    And I think it's worth pointing out that, it might dawn on anyone with eyes, that since Palm didn't include a hardware button to answer the phone then the only hardware response would be to slide open the phone! But remember, I agreed with you that it's much easier to slide open the phone with one or two hands than it is just to use that same thumb to simple click a button and be done with it. You win.

The "not having a clue" you kinda brought on your self when you went on about having used it, so you knew all about it. For a whole hour....
    As I said, conversation over. You win. You surely have a lot more experience than myself using your thumb, hand and Palm for longer periods of time. You win.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I originally got the phone and took it back to get a Moto Droid. At first I couldn't get used to the keyboard coming from a Blackberry background, but I decided to switch back to the Pre. It has character that other phones lack. It also is extremely simple to use and I feel like after just 30 minutes I knew my way around. I love the 16gb of storage and double the ram. Also enjoy the fact that it comes with the touchstone back cover.
    And I think it's worth pointing out that, it might dawn on anyone with eyes, that since Palm didn't include a hardware button to answer the phone then the only hardware response would be to slide open the phone! But remember, I agreed with you that it's much easier to slide open the phone with one or two hands than it is just to use that same thumb to simple click a button and be done with it. You win.

As I said, conversation over. You win. You surely have a lot more experience than myself using your thumb, hand and Palm for longer periods of time. You win.
    I hate to say it dude, but you sound my like ex during my last convo with her. She cried really hard for several minutes and said 'you win' through all of the tears and hung the phone up. I still don't know what I won but some women are just emotional that way. I still love her though.

Oh wait, this is about answering the Pre with one thumb or hand. Um, I don't have a Pre but I will get one during the summer when it comes to ATT. And when I do answer it I'll use my Blue Ant Q1 to answer the Pre by speaking the word 'answer' into the Q1 and it'll answer without me touching the phone. It's a pretty neat little headset. I enjoy using it.

Other than that, it doesn't seem to hard to slide the phone open with your thumb to answer it. I mean, you have to actually hold it to your hear to talk or up to your mouth to use the speaker phone. At some point you have to use all of your fingers to talk on the phone if you're not using bluetooth. I just don't get what the major annoyance is. I guess you don't want to use all of your fingers, but if that's the case you prolly don't want to talk on the phone without bluetooth. I don't know.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROFLMAO. Do I need to ask a survey of 100 people whether it's easier to press a button on the phone to answer or hold the phone and then open it with one or two hands? Face it. This system works for you but it's not the shortest distance between two points. I've seen the sky in India for an hour. I don't need to take a survey to represent that fact that it's blue during the day time too.
    Well heres one vote for opening the phone. I do it without even thinking about it. Also whats so hard about touching the button on the screen either? Edit: Never mind I read the comment about being in the cold, I guess if your wearing gloves and coming from an iPhone then a physical button would feel more natural to you.

Also I had the Treo for a year before i got the Pre and the i like the Pre keyboard better. The individual buttons feel wider and not as close together like the Treo.
    Last edited by elcartel; 01/30/2010 at 08:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You could tell us Sprint ppl.
    We won't bite.
    I work for VZW and I started carrying the phone last night. Im very impressed with internet browsing, the multi tasking is unreal, and its easier to type on then i originally thought. There are only a few issues. One, WebOS is kind of slow, to me, its not real responsive, two i hope they keep pumping out apps, and three, out of all smart phones, Palms Facebook app is the most pathetic attempt Ive ever experienced. Other then that I love the device and plan to keep it for a long time! btw, mobile hotspot is huge! sorry sprint users!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You could tell us Sprint ppl.
    We won't bite.
    I actually traded my Droid in on a Palm Pre Plus last Monday. So far it has been pretty good; I love the GUI in comparison to Android which just looks cluttered in my view. I also like the quality of the Apps in comparison to Android, but in comparison to my old iPhone 3GS, there really is no comparison (not really a fair comparison in my opinion anyways).

One of the items that they discussed with the Palm Pre Plus was build quality and that it was improved over the original Palm Pre. I don't know, it creaks a lot on me and still feels pretty flimsy (I tried out the Sprint Palm Pre as well and could not tell a difference in all honesty). The keyboard is definitely better than the Sprint Palm Pre, but one of the biggest let downs was the speed. Maybe it is that I am used to the Droid and iPhone interface, but man this thing moves pretty slow; it takes a while to open up native apps like the dialpad and contacts. That was sort of dissappointing (still hoping that it will be fixed in an OS update).

Overall, it is a nice little phone and I enjoy it. Hopefully some new OS updates will improve on some of the issues. Looking forward to see what the Palm Pre 2 brings (hopefully better hardware including a faster processor).
    Quote Originally Posted by bayb63 View Post
    I work for VZW and I started carrying the phone last night. Im very impressed with internet browsing, the multi tasking is unreal, and its easier to type on then i originally thought. There are only a few issues. One, WebOS is kind of slow, to me, its not real responsive, two i hope they keep pumping out apps, and three, out of all smart phones, Palms Facebook app is the most pathetic attempt Ive ever experienced. Other then that I love the device and plan to keep it for a long time! btw, mobile hotspot is huge! sorry sprint users!
    Hey, welcome to the Precentral.net forum! Nice to see this thread get back on track. Hopefully if the Apple boys stay out we can hear from some more first time Pre users from Verizon.
    I walked into Bestbuy on Monday the 29th with a Palm 755P and walked out with an activated Palm Pre Plus. I am in awe by the phone. The packaging is phenomenal. It is the most comfortable thing to hold against your ear. Yesterday I took the train home from NYC to Boston and listened to Pandora and composed emails and sent texts and visited my favorite sites and played a game or two. This capability makes the iPhone feel stale. The packaging is ergonomically superior to the Droid which does not feel right as a phone. Coming from the 755P I totally appreciate the consistency of the keyboard layout and the small but significant improvements (such as direct access to the @ symbol). My Apple touch now sits abandoned on my night table next to my Chumby.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The phone itself is neat, all kinds of fun. The problem is that the battery doesn't seem to last for very long.

I was at 50% when I used google maps to drive 17 miles. I made a 3 minute phone call, then an hour later I was just flicking it on to check the time. It was dead after the 4th check or so.

I came from a blackberry curve that I would only charge once every 3-4 days and used google maps heavily daily. I'm not sure whats killing the battery off so fast.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    On more thing.

The facebook app doesn't seem to notify me when there are comments to my posts, i tried the palm facebook and the friendbook app, but neither seem to do it.

I might need to just tweak a setting or something.

Oh yeah...Emails aren't thread. Really lame.
    Well I have been with Verizon for years and I switch phones as soon as I am eigable for upgrade. When I saw the Palrm Pre come out for Sprint a while back I was awe struck. I wanted one!! BUT I was not going to pay an early termination fee just to get it. So low and behold, it's not available for Verizon. I got mine the day it came out.
    I'm impressed, very impressed. The OS is diffrent than what I am used to, but I like it, I like it alot. It has it's ups and downs.
    Like having to download ring tones to your PC and then to your Palm instead of being able to download from a messge if they sent it to you.
    Like trying to add multiple people to send a mesage is a chore, it should have a checkmark list so you dont have to start over in your contact list everytime you add a new person to your message.
    Also Verizon should not have removed the Orange coloring on the keypad.. they could have just changed the color if they wanted to be diffrent than Sprint, you know to red or like a lime green.
    Then the little cover to the USB port on the Palm is horrid.. impossible to take out, feels like I might rip it out all together! but I hear Sprint ppl deal with that also.
    Over all the phone is good! I am glad I swithched from the LG Dare to the Palm Pre Plus. Plus I love the Knight Rider light bar in the gesture area.. I only wish it wee red to match Verizons logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar_69 View Post
    Then the little cover to the USB port on the Palm is horrid.. impossible to take out, feels like I might rip it out all together! but I hear Sprint ppl deal with that also.
    On the hard to open USB cover, slide the Pre open, then the cover is easy to open.
    OH yeah I forgot to mention it would have been nice, that when you recieve a phone call, that instead of just giving you the option of answering by sliding up the green phone icon, they shoud have given you the option of ignoring the call also to send it to V-Mail immidiatly, like when you have your phone active(Not on locked screen) it gives you both options, green phone to answer or red phone icon to ignore call and send to V-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    On the hard to open USB cover, slide the Pre open, then the cover is easy to open.
    Thanx!! it is ALOT easier to open this way!! Whoot Whoot!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    OH yeah I forgot to mention it would have been nice, that when you recieve a phone call, that instead of just giving you the option of answering by sliding up the green phone icon, they shoud have given you the option of ignoring the call also to send it to V-Mail immidiatly, like when you have your phone active(Not on locked screen) it gives you both options, green phone to answer or red phone icon to ignore call and send to V-mail.
    Yes, this inconsistency is annoying.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I got the Pre Plus on Monday and returned it on Wednesday.

The battery life is horrible. I put the phone in my pocket (with the web browser open) and went to class. When I got out three hours later, the phone was dead. After plugging it in it wouldn't turn on for a while. Also:
    - native apps take too long to open
    - the accelerometer is slow
    - the phone is flimsy

I like the form factor and the interface is nice, but the battery killed it for me.
    I just purchased the Pre Plus for my wife last night. I was a long time user of the Treo line (starting with the Visor Phone), and am currently an iPhone user. (It's for work, I love it but HATE at&t. I would never subject my wife or anyone else to their crappy network or service).

My first impression: Great phone, but why is it SO slow? Man oh man! Even my wife, who is not a techie, noticed right away that to start anything requires waiting a few seconds. The Treo was much more responsive with the 5-way navigation, and my iPhone 3GS is incredibly snappy. So, I'm a bit disappointed because of that.

Kazoo
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You can always hit the volume button to silence the call and let it transfer to voice mail.

Hope this helps... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    I got the Pre Plus on Monday and returned it on Wednesday.

The battery life is horrible. I put the phone in my pocket (with the web browser open) and went to class. When I got out three hours later, the phone was dead. After plugging it in it wouldn't turn on for a while. Also:
    - native apps take too long to open
    - the accelerometer is slow
    - the phone is flimsy

I like the form factor and the interface is nice, but the battery killed it for me.
    Sounds like it was on in your pocket the entire time.