1.    #1  
    Is it possible to watch streams/network files on the Pre?
    All my music and videos are stored on a UPNP NAS drive so any pc/xbox/media centre in my house can access and play the files via wireless or cabled network.
    I would be excellent if the Pre could access these files also via my home network.
    Is this possible via an app/patch?
  2.    #2  
    Bump??
    Unless you're using some third party software to share them like Orb or some web interface, this isn't really possible. To view networked shares you need some software on the linux side like samba or something to make network shares visible. The Linux that is behind the webOS platform doesn't natively support networked shares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    The Linux that is behind the webOS platform doesn't natively support networked shares.
    Doesn't natively support WINDOWS shares.
    The Pre does support of streaming music (.pls and .m3u) files...you have to type the path in the Web Browser and then it will launch the Steaming Music Player app.

May be helpful if your nas supports music steaming..
  6.    #6  
    Its does sort off, the xbox360 sees it which is a start, might give the stream via the browser a look into...

thanks
  7.    #7  
    ok partial success, i can (after logging into account) browse to the files, mp3 and avi files, clicking on an mp3 brings up the streaming music player with the correct song details loaded but i then get an error "There was an error playing the file" and the only option is to cancel which returns me to the file list? any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    ok partial success, i can (after logging into account) browse to the files, mp3 and avi files, clicking on an mp3 brings up the streaming music player with the correct song details loaded but i then get an error "There was an error playing the file" and the only option is to cancel which returns me to the file list? any ideas?
    It sounds like the problem is that you have the Iphone User Agent Spoof tweak installed?

I was having the same problem until I uninstalled the tweak now the stream works.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I think you would do well with adding the music stored in your nas to an Ampache Server on your home network. Then, using our wonderful homebrew apps Ampache Mobile and AmpachePre, you can stream all of your music on the go from anywhere. They don't support video streaming yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I think you would do well with adding the music stored in your nas to an Ampache Server on your home network. Then, using our wonderful homebrew apps Ampache Mobile and AmpachePre, you can stream all of your music on the go from anywhere. They don't support video streaming yet though.
    I wish this was easier because I've spent hours trying to set up the Xaamp server on my Mac OS X, and got no where.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Whats wrong with just using orb? I've successfully streamed music and movies and photos to my pre from my home PC even when away at work and not on my home network..? *shrug*
    if you put up a simple web server, a playlist with urls would certainly work.
    I can stream single files with orb but haven't gotten playlists to work. I can only play one song at a time