Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I'm playing on the site building a plan w/ the new Pre+.

The same thing I get for $70 on Spring, takes me over $100 on Verizon. Ouch. Oh, and their data options are confusing.

One thing I did notice though, is that they offer Visual Voicemail... They have a special app for that??
    we havent been saying theyre expensive just for giggles.

just wait til these new Verizon customers get a look at their fees. tee hee.

that 45 dollar data plan is for international usage.

i dont think it supports VVM.
  3.    #3  
    The VVM part has me curious. It lets me get all the way through to "gimmie your credit card" with that selected...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Verizon have two separate data plan and their VZ navigator isnít free.
    1. Unlimited web and email.............$29.99
    2. Unlimited data......................... $44.99
    3. VZ navigator............................ 9.99
    These options are in additional to their unlimited voice plan which starts $69.99.

I have two phones on my account, with sprint simply everything with unlimited data,1500 minutes, and unlimited mobile to mobile to share between 2 phones on Sprint. My cost $129.99 plus tax

Verizon Family Plan 2 phones
    1400 share minutes and mobile to mobile (VZW customers only)................$119.99
    Unlimited Data.................................................................................. 44.99
    VZ Navigator.................................................................................... 9.99
    Total............................................................................................... .174.97

So with Sprint I can Add a third or even a forth and Iíll still be paying less. About 95% of my minutes use are mobile to mobile. Since Sprint Instituted mobile to mobile, I have been averaging about 80 minutes for both lines from my 1500 available any time minutes.
    you only need the 30 dollar data plan. the 45 dollar one is for international use.
    wow...absolutely ridiculous. I have 5 phones on my sprint family plan...I pay about 180 after my 15% discount and 24/20 kick in. I have unlimited web and mobile hotspot (thanks webosinternals!). For a pre and a pixi on verizon...225 monthly for unlimited data and 1400 minutes (no anytime any mobile, of course). F that!
    Yep, we have 4 phones on the everything data plan on sprint after discounts and insurance on two lines we are paying $160. On Verizon for the same thing it would be almost another $100 a month.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Verizon have two separate data plan and their VZ navigator isnít free.
    1. Unlimited web and email.............$29.99
    2. Unlimited data......................... $44.99
    3. VZ navigator............................ 9.99
    These options are in additional to their unlimited voice plan which starts $69.99.

I have two phones on my account, with sprint simply everything with unlimited data,1500 minutes, and unlimited mobile to mobile to share between 2 phones on Sprint. My cost $129.99 plus tax

Verizon Family Plan 2 phones
    1400 share minutes and mobile to mobile (VZW customers only)................$119.99
    Unlimited Data.................................................................................. 44.99
    VZ Navigator.................................................................................... 9.99
    Total............................................................................................... .174.97

So with Sprint I can Add a third or even a forth and Iíll still be paying less. About 95% of my minutes use are mobile to mobile. Since Sprint Instituted mobile to mobile, I have been averaging about 80 minutes for both lines from my 1500 available any time minutes.
    What do you get with "Unlimited Data" that you do not get with "Unlimited web and email?"
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you only need the 30 dollar data plan. the 45 dollar one is for international use.
    Are you sure? The 30 says it's for unlimited web surfing. Does that included apps like pandora or radiotime? I'm going to guess not. The 45 doesn't include international use, that's charged extra.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    29.99 for is for people not using corporate email (bis on bb). 44.99 is for corporate email access (bes on bb) its all unlimited, just if you need corporate email access
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lakokama View Post
    29.99 for is for people not using corporate email (bis on bb). 44.99 is for corporate email access (bes on bb) its all unlimited, just if you need corporate email access
    What about Exchange ActiveSync?
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Are you sure? The 30 says it's for unlimited web surfing. Does that included apps like pandora or radiotime? I'm going to guess not. The 45 doesn't include international use, that's charged extra.
    yeah, but i meant corporate use, not international.
    130 (after tax and corp discount) for me here at sprint!
    2 lines
    1500 min
    unlimited everything else!
    go sprint!
    with verizon i would be paying at least 50 dollars more!
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    yeah, but i meant corporate use, not international.
    Then I amend my post! Now a much more affordable 195 per month, plus taxes and fees!! That's still 15 more than I'm paying after taxes with 5 lines and what amounts to unlimited minutes because of the anytime any mobile on Sprint. The Pre Plus ain't THAT much better than the regular old Pre.
    Then I amend my post! Now a much more affordable 195 per month, plus taxes and fees!! That's still 15 more than I'm paying after taxes with 5 lines and what amounts to unlimited minutes because of the anytime any mobile on Sprint. The Pre Plus ain't THAT much better than the regular old Pre.
    its called hype!
    verizon has a great marketing team.
    i totally agree with you the service doesn't match the price with verizon
    The Pre Plus ain't THAT much better than the regular old Pre.
    thats what a lot of us and even a lot of the tech sites have been saying.

but people hear only what they wanna hear and will do anything to get the latest and greatest. 6 months from now a slew of Verizon customers will be looking for ways to jump BACK on the Sprint ship.

oh well. it's not my money. hope that 8 extra gigs and having 40 cards open at once is worth it.
    Let me clear some things up regarding Verizon data. The $29.99 is for consumer plans to access any type of data or email except BES. Yes, this included Exchange Servers. They may not give you tech support but it is fully functioning. Your companies IT guys can help you set it up. The $44.95 is for business plans and consumers they are able to trick into buying it. This was covered ad nausum when the Droid came out. BES is a whole nother ballgame.
    if i were a verizon customer i would just wait to see that C40 because they will end up getting it also. sprint premier customers like my self upgrade every year on verzion youll be waiting 2 years.
    The way I see it.
    "V" cost more.
    Can upgrade with contract every 2 years.
    Bigger calling coverage.

"S"cost 30-40% less
    Better 3g and soon 4g
    Can roam free to "V"
    Can call ANY mobile free
    Premier customers (almost everyone here) can upgrade every year.

Why is anyone with "V"?
    My plan:
    Everything Data Share - 4 lines
    Lines 1&2 - $129.99
    Line 3 - $19.99
    Line 4 - $19.99
    Sub Total = $169.97
    20% Discount = $33.99
    Grand Total = 135.98

For ~$136/mo, I get unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited mobile to mobile (TRUE mobile to mobile, aka every cell in the nation) and 1500 anytime minutes, which we never come close to reaching.

Sprint gives me fantastic coverage, fast 3G speeds with 4G right around the corner, and free roaming on Verizon's monster network. They really need to get in the game with AT&T and Verizon and their carrier bashing. Granted, I like Sprint's philosophy of promoting their services and rates and not running comparisons with other carriers. But at some point you have to jump in there and show the nation how you stack up with the two big dogs. Verizon has their network. AT&T has the iphone. Sprint needs to step in and let everyone know how, with a combination of price, coverage, and smartphone line up, they can offer more than either of these two.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, ďI don't need to drink to have fun.Ē Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast