1.    #1  
    Okay so heres the deal. My phone is signed up under my moms family plan. I have a phone with the unlimited data plan. My mom on the other hand doesn't. Her contract is up for a new every two and i want to buy the phone on her number so its only 50 bucks. When i go to upgrade her phone online i have to add a data plan, but i dont want to actually add a data plan because im just goin to switch it to my phone. So what should i do?

If i buy it and just switch the phone to my phone will it continue to make her pay for data?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Order it on her number and call customer service when you get it. They can activate in on the right number.
    Depending on the phone that she has, the data plan may not even be compatible with her phone. Make sure you mention it when you speak to them.

And you'd better make sure she's cool with you taking her upgrade.
  3.    #3  
    Shes cool lol. Its just that im at school and shes home so i wont be able to actually see her.

If i buy the phone and just activate it on my phone when it gets here will she not get charged?
    Data is an addable and removable feature with Verizon....just like Visual Voicemail and Roadside Assistance. you can add it or take it off whenever you want.....well you can only take it off if you put a phone on that line that doesn't require a data plan.

what im trying to say is, there shouldnt be a problem.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MynTi FreSh View Post
    Shes cool lol. Its just that im at school and shes home so i wont be able to actually see her.

If i buy the phone and just activate it on my phone when it gets here will she not get charged?
    She will not be charged for the data feature because charges apply only after the phone is activated, and since it's not going to be active on her line there will not be a problem. Worse case scenario the data feature is on and off on the same day. Either way, no charge.
    You could also walk into a VZ store and do it...just a thought. But having to actually talk to retail people is definitely a downside of commerce
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by gordazo View Post
    She will not be charged for the data feature because charges apply only after the phone is activated, and since it's not going to be active on her line there will not be a problem. Worse case scenario the data feature is on and off on the same day. Either way, no charge.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but upgrading to the Pre will not work so easily for you. In order for you to be able to upgrade to the Pre on your mother's account, she will need to add a data plan to her account. And as part of the discounted price on the Pre Plus, she will be required to have that data plan active for at least 24 months, even if the Pre Plus itself does not actually stay on her line. You all can definitely switch phones and she use your current phone but there is no way to get around having to pay an extra $30/month for the next 24 months IF you want to upgrade to the Pre Plus at the 2-year contract price. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The reason that Verizon and every other cellphone provider subsidize the cost of these advanced devices is because they know they will recoup the money over the life of the contract through the requirement of an additional data package on top your current voice plan.