Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    so i installed both freetether and mobile hotspot i enale ip forwarding in freetether then open up mobile hopt spot and turn it on. it turns on fine and i named the network and gave it a password and everything, other wifi devices detect the network AND connect but they never actually get internet service! i open up browser on my computer and ipod and try to visit websites they have a loading icon for a long time then just say website not available! any thoughts?

thanks in advance!
    Same as you.

I think I did some stuff in the wrong order. I went with the tetherD, hotspot (ipk), and auto-patch. Except, not in that order, and may be causing me my grief. Can't get rid of the patch to reapply it.

But, my device, and pc see one another, just gives me that "!" inside of the yellow triangle. Arugh!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    well at first my computer recognizes it as a internet connection then after about a minutes or two i get the "!" in the triangle and it dosent even try to load anymore. i also notice when i get the "!" i get the evdo icon back on my phone. i did free tether then hotspot then patch
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    same problem here....
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    haha sweet we have people with the same problem gathering together! lets hope someone who has the solution also posts
    I had this happen the first time I tried to connect... using the windows "diagnose and repair" function by right clicking on the network connections icon solved the issue and allowed the tether.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    tried that only option it gave was to aquire new ip adress setting for my netowork adapter. i did it still didnt work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    tried that only option it gave was to aquire new ip adress setting for my netowork adapter. i did it still didnt work.
    Try going to the Network and Sharing Center, then click on "View Status"... on the bottom of the new screen under the "Activity" section there is a Diagnose button... that one may give you the option to reset your NIC, that might help too.

I believe that is actually the way I did it when I needed to.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    whats NIC? and i tried it but stil giving me the same options. however for a split second it did read in the icon thing for internet that the network was connected local AND internet which it never did before. even though it said internet i still didnt get it though haha
    Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    try going to the network and sharing center, then click on "view status"... On the bottom of the new screen under the "activity" section there is a diagnose button... That one may give you the option to reset your nic, that might help too.

I believe that is actually the way i did it when i needed to.
    this solved my problem thanks 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000:d
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I finally got it to work, but how come my phone data keeps droppin, or resetting... Anyone else having this problem???????
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    still not working for me, in exact same spot as before network is detected and gets connected to but no internet