Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I follwed the directions perfectly, but when I try to connect my ps3, my pre radio keeps resetting, and on my ps3 it says, ip address timed out..... ??????????????
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I never understood why people try and do things that require a lot of bandwith via a mobile tethered connection.
    i used to play cod4 on my phone connection all the time..just as fast as dsl
    hahaha
    What happens with my Pre is I turn on ip addressing and connect. Then the data resets. About 30 seconds later everything is working fine. Try connecting with something else, getting it setup then connecting to the PS3.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Same thing happens to me when I tether at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I never understood why people try and do things that require a lot of bandwith via a mobile tethered connection.
    Because it doesn't take a lot of bandwidth. I'm not sure about PSN but playing cod 4 on XBL on used like 10MB an hour. I have yet to pass 2gigs used while tethering when I take my 360 when I go to chitown.
    I have it working, you have to setup your wifi connection on the ps3 manually, enter in a static IP and then go to your pc/mac & get the router, dns, etc settings. Works great!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I have it working, you have to setup your wifi connection on the ps3 manually, enter in a static IP and then go to your pc/mac & get the router, dns, etc settings. Works great!

i will call u master if u give a step by step direction guide....
    I'm having a hard time believing COD only uses 10mb an hour but what do I know I never ayed online with my phone.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing COD only uses 10mb an hour but what do I know I never ayed online with my phone.

Let me google that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack34 View Post
    i will call u master if u give a step by step direction guide....
    Here you go!

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...46#post2179146
    I think the bigger issue is not the amount of data it takes....

...but the **** poor upload speeds making you (and probably everyone else) lag.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Because it doesn't take a lot of bandwidth. I'm not sure about PSN but playing cod 4 on XBL on used like 10MB an hour. I have yet to pass 2gigs used while tethering when I take my 360 when I go to chitown.
    It depends on your location, but I've read reports from 40mb per hour to 150mb per hour (if your hosting)

How much bandwidth does online gaming use?

I feel like people should just use their home connections for such activities
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I think the bigger issue is not the amount of data it takes....

...but the **** poor upload speeds making you (and probably everyone else) lag.
    I've played NBA 2k10 online through tethering & had no lag either way.
    Learn something new everyday. It's funny Ive been playing online console games since dreamcast and never thought about checking bandwidth usages on games.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan