Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys please help...i just received an update in preware on OBSELETE VK which indicated that it will clean up created files/directories from previous VKB installs and then install the actual VK patch.......well, i hit the update button, it updated perfectly, and i checked my VK, only to find out it stopped working. I have restarted my phone several times, with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    um...don't install the obsolete patches. Did you try removing the patch?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  3.    #3  
    Yes i tried on preware, and it gave an IPK error....i tried on WebOS quick install, and it gave me a LONG list of stuffs (which i presume to be errors). I checked my USB mode, and the VK folder seems to be intact with all the correct folders and jason files.
  4.    #4  
    could someone please help me?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The same thing happen to me. I also received an update in preware on which indicated that it will clean up created files/directories from previous VKB installs.....well, I also hit the update button, updated perfectly.
    But now I find out my VK stopped working. I try everything to get it working again....
    Please if anyone out there could help me. I need my VK I use it all the time.

Faigee
    Used OVK in the past by accident and tried everything to get VK back, including simply copying the VK folder on to my pre. Finally headed to the doctor after several failed attempts at resolving the issue. Hope your situation turns out better.
    :facepalm:

Sorry everybody, fixing my goof now...

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Stuck patches like this plagued me for a while. The thing that resolved it, for me, was a partial erase.

If interested, go to device info, choose a reset option by that name.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Yup Just finished seeing the doctor because of this... D'oh
  10.    #10  
    well, I officially give up..I guess I will be without my VK for a while..sucks!.....why,oh why did I have to hit that update button??...I guess I now know the true meaning of the saying,"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    well, I officially give up..I guess I will be without my VK for a while..sucks!.....why,oh why did I have to hit that update button??...I guess I now know the true meaning of the saying,"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
    I don't understand these replies. Did you try what I suggested?

Doctoring did NOT work, for me. Partial erase did the job.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faigee View Post
    The same thing happen to me. I also received an update in preware on which indicated that it will clean up created files/directories from previous VKB installs.....well, I also hit the update button, updated perfectly.
    But now I find out my VK stopped working. I try everything to get it working again....
    Please if anyone out there could help me. I need my VK I use it all the time.

Faigee

Try this. This is the good Virtual Keyboard. Run WebOS QI. Go to "tools/tweaks/Online Repository" Virtual Keyboard is near the bottom of the list. Just click on it and do an install....
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    I’m in same boat and have tried everything, Preware, QI, multiple combinations of installing/uninstalling and still won’t work. Read another thread saying to go into USB mode and delete "virtual keyboard" file from drive and still nothing.

If anyone comes up with something better then partial erase or doctor please chime in (I’m sick of installing over 30 patches over and over again). Other than that will wait for 1.4 till I try again.
    Last edited by yukonnn; 01/25/2010 at 07:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonnn View Post
    I’m in same boat and have tried everything, Preware, QI, multiple combinations of installing/uninstalling and still won’t work. Read another thread saying to go into USB mode and delete "virtual keyboard" file from drive and still nothing.

If anyone comes up with something better then partial erase or doctor please chime in (I’m sick of installing over 30 patches over and over again). Other than that will wait for 1.4 till I try again.
    Why no partial erase?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Why no partial erase?

Sick of losing call history, texts, ect... guess for me virtual keyboard is just not worth it. Still would like to see if there is another way of fixing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonnn View Post
    Sick of losing call history, texts, ect... guess for me virtual keyboard is just not worth it. Still would like to see if there is another way of fixing it...
    That's interesting.

For me, it was the opposite. It was worth the partial erase to unstick the patches. (For me, there was more than one.)

Once done, I did NOT reinstall the virtual keyboard... Because it's not worth the trouble, right now.
    Heya, Eric G.

Newest OVK update didn't uninstall itself.

If I uninstall it manually, I then get the IPKG error when trying to uninstall VK.

If I don't uninstall it and try to uninstall VK, I get the "this app has another dependent app" error.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get these patches off my Pre (without losing some data). Don't get me wrong, I want the VK, but after the updates of the OVK, it doesn't work.
    Last edited by wilder_jw; 01/25/2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Specifics added to placate somebody who's having a bad day.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

I could see not reading a whole thread if it were dozens of pages long. When it's one page and there's a solution on it, what's so hard about reading it? If that solution doesn't appeal to you, that's one thing. To say nothing works is to make some of us less likely to help.
    Unfortunately the only thing that got back the VK working was the partial erase like west3man said... :-( Oh well now to re download all my apps... @#$%
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Unfortunately the only thing that got back the VK working was the partial erase like west3man said... :-( Oh well now to re download all my apps... @#$%
    I finally broke down and did a partial erase and it did not fix the broken OVK/VK issue. I've dropped Eric G a couple of emails, but haven't heard back.

I really, really, really don't want to doctor my Pre. The partial erase was bad enough.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast