1.    #1  
    I have a sudden loss in signal, it has been cut in half. I still have two bars but normally had four.Could this be weather related? we have had freezing rain all weekend. I also have lost my evdo connection twice and had to reboot to get it back. Is this a device problem??
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 01/24/2010 at 07:42 PM.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? sprint says they are working on the problem but I worry its the phone.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    There could be something wrong with the fiber-optic cable that works with the towers in your area. If it's underground, it may have gotten kinked or crushed during a construction project.
    If it's overhead, a tree may have fallen on the line.
    It may also just be the transceiver in the one tower that covers your neighborhood.
    Try driving a few miles away to see if the problem is just in your area or not.
    That may narrow down the problem.

P.S. - Since the cables are fiber, they would not be affected by the freezing rain like copper lines are.
    The cell sites run off of fiber only, so the freezing rain has nothing to do with it. (I worked for a major phone company in NYC before I moved to Atlanta)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/24/2010 at 09:10 PM.
    bump for rem
  5.    #5  
    sweet thanks for the info, its weird just started this weekend. Sprint said it could take them 36hours for to get to it. I let you know what they find.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    sweet thanks for the info, its weird just started this weekend. Sprint said it could take them 36hours for to get to it. I let you know what they find.
    Ok thanks, good luck!
  7.    #7  
    its got to be weather related, we also have fog too. I just drove to the tower maybe a 200 yards away and I was at full five bars with no variations.
    I don't know then. When i lived in NYC, i still had good EVDO in snow, freezing rain, fog, wind etc.
    I wish i had the magic answer.
  9. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    my money is betting on it being a phone issue and not a network issue. This phone has such crappy reception, it drops calls, loses signal strength and cuts in and out of service all day, whereas when I had my Hero it was all the exact opposite....it irritates me to no end. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update or are we just stuck with this?
  10.    #10  
    I think they fixed something, I'm back to 3-4 bars now. I wonder what they actually do??
    Fog can wreak havoc with reception. Is it a clear day now? If so, that's probably what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas View Post
    my money is betting on it being a phone issue and not a network issue. This phone has such crappy reception, it drops calls, loses signal strength and cuts in and out of service all day, whereas when I had my Hero it was all the exact opposite....it irritates me to no end. Is this something that can be fixed in a future update or are we just stuck with this?
    I haven't noticed a difference in signal strength at all since I switched from a Hero.
  13.    #13  
    yes it was foggy.