1.    #1  
    My apps are not working and when I go to download them again it says failed download. Can someone please provide me with step by step directions on how to fix this? My Pandora is not working and I can't take it much longer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quizzle23 View Post
    My apps are not working and when I go to download them again it says failed download. Can someone please provide me with step by step directions on how to fix this? My Pandora is not working and I can't take it much longer.

Thanks
    I have no experience with this, but try turning off your phone for 10 minutes (total shutdown) then restarting. It could be the new way the phone is reading the apps.

If that doesn't work, use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes. Search List of Everything for Emergency Migration Helper and install it, and reset your phone.
  3.    #3  
    I know nothing about Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes or the List of everything for Emergency Migration Helper. Is this on the phone it self or would i need to be connected to a computer to use these options?

Thanks again
    You'll need to install WebOSQuickInstall to your computer so that you can install Preware, but you may not need that. Did you try shutting down your device and restarting after 10 minutes?
  5.    #5  
    Yes I just did that and when it came back on I got the same download failed notification for like 8 of my apps. Is the WebOSQuickInstall download on the palm website?
    Yes I just did that and when it came back on I got the same download failed notification for like 8 of my apps. Is the WebOSQuickInstall download on the palm website?
    I'm sorry. You were already on the site so I didn't lead you to specific information. WebOS Quick Install v2.96. In fact, start with Official webOS 1.3.5 Issues. It will give you the links for QI, Preware, WebOS Repair Utility and anything else you might need to fix your device. Try the WebOS Doctor as a last resort.

Let me know if you need anything else. Sorry about the confusion.
  7.    #7  
    Ok I will try this, thank you for your help.
    1. what do you mean by "not working"?
    2. what are the apps that are "not working"?
    3. are you using EVDO or WiFi?

you need to provide details before people can give proper suggestions.
    . . . I got the same download failed notification for like 8 of my apps.. .
    Sorry, the download failed notification usually occurs when you have a beta or homebrew app installed and you're trying to install the catalog version. Did you uninstall the apps, before you tried to re-download? Go into device info and make sure the apps or totally uninstalled before you try to download from App store.
    Ummm...everyone seems to be kind of jumping the gun. You need basic facts before you start throwing stuff out there.
    1. Was this a base OS. Meaning did you ever or have you ever installed any tweaks, themes, homebrew programs or patches. From your previous posts, it sounds like no, but we need to be sure first.

2. Why did you say you go to download them 'again', does that mean you deleted them already. Possibly as a way to 'fix' your issue of them not working?

3. Did the phone get an OS over the air update between working and not working?

4. Did ANYTHING happen between working and not working that you consider to be insignificant. i.e. You dropped the phone in the toilet but you let it dry for a couple days and it works 'fine' so you didn't bother mentioning it?

Start with these questions, then move from there people. Should never throw people into Preware and the such when you don't even know from where they started..... They will end up with a mess they can't handle.
  11.    #11  
    I went to my app catalog and downloaded Pandora and a tip calculator and some games. These were all free apps. Besides that and the normal updates I have not changed the settings or downloaded anything else, everything else is the factory setting.