Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Just a random idea... do you guys think that there will be alot of new apps tomorrow with the launch of the pre plus and pixi plus?
    possible, i am hoping for flash before Wed.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    possible, i am hoping for flash before Wed.
    I was hoping us Pre users would get the Flash beta with the arrival of the Pre Plus.
    i was hoping 1.4 would come to entice verizon users to webOS
    i'll bet flash will arrive hours before the apple event on wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    i'll bet flash will arrive hours before the apple event on wednesday.
    haha, no, would have to be on Tue. Wed would be a bit too late.

I like the attitude, and I genuinely think the strategy has been working out pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    1.4 could come out for Verizon tomorrow potentially and not for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    I'm kind of glad the 1.4 won't be out til Feb. It will show new owners that Palm is committed to WebOS and can expect more features as time goes on. Frequent OTA updates make people happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    1.4 could come out for Verizon tomorrow potentially and not for Sprint.
    That's doubtful. That would upset all of us who already have Pres.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not only that but Sprint would be shooting themselves in the foot. If they wait on approving the update and VZW's gets out first, that gives them even more of an edge.

We may see more Apps and updates to existing apps tomorrow but I'm not expecting anything big.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Why? welcome to our european world.. having thigs later then US.. Now maybe even US will be split...
    Since 1.4 has already been announced for February I would tend to agree. But there is the possibility in the near future that Verizon or AT&T (when they start offering the Pre) could get updates before Sprint does.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Since 1.4 has already been announced for February I would tend to agree. But there is the possibility in the near future that Verizon or AT&T (when they start offering the Pre) could get updates before Sprint does.
    That makes absolutely no sense what so ever.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    i dont think so.

1. palm wouldn't do it, because there is no technical reasons behind it, and it wouldn't help palm's reputation.

2. sprint wouldn't do it, for the same reason, sprint is not as big as VZ and ATT. there is even less incentive to hold off upgrade.
    I also think that they will be releasing it just before the apple event. Notice the way the said 'sometime' in February. It will give them a good look in the media's eyes and will give them publicity. This will function much better than any commercial ever aired. So expect a few days (or day before) the apple event. PALM = SMARTZ
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Why? welcome to our european world.. having thigs later then US.. Now maybe even US will be split...
    Well us Sprint users have been there from the beginning. We basically beta tested the Pre for Palm lol. They wouldn't split up the US customer base like that. It would cause too many problems and hard feelings. Sprint, now more then ever, has to be sure they are at the forefront of WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I also think that they will be releasing it just before the apple event. Notice the way the said 'sometime' in February. It will give them a good look in the media's eyes and will give them publicity. This will function much better than any commercial ever aired. So expect a few days (or day before) the apple event. PALM = SMARTZ
    I'm not expecting 1.4 before the Apple event, but I am expecting Flash. Palm always does things like this.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Sprint users will likely see updates before Verizon given V's stricter approval policy.

And I expect lots of apps to come in when the Hot Apps program starts in Feb.
    I've been wondering if they're not holding off on the Flash beta because 1.4 is closer to release than Palm expected. Thus, releasing 1.4 with Flash right before the 27th wouldn't surprise me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    And I expect lots of apps to come in when the Hot Apps program starts in Feb.
    What is this hot apps program? I am on this website every day and I havnt heard of this...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast