1.    #1  
    Palm Pre Plus retail $699 listed on Amazon for availability beginning 1/25
    W contract price is listed as $149.99

Verizon stores a mixed bag on information. Checking 4 stores in NYC, a store that gets good traffic says there is no release date yet, another store says will not have the phone tomorrow, two stores say they will have the phone tomorrow (one says he will 5 units of each phone but is not aware of the BOGO deal for the Pixi )
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    $700 is a rip off for a phone made of mostly plastic that costs $138 to build. Are these unlocked models?
    Last edited by rashad1; 01/24/2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    $700 is a tip off for a phone made of mostly plastic that costs $138 to build. Are these unlocked models?
    is this your first venture into the smartphone world?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    $700 is a tip off for a phone made of mostly plastic that costs $138 to build. Are these unlocked models?
    The Amazon listing does not say that it is unlocked, simply that it is a Verizon Wireless phone without a contract. (To me, this means it likely would only be able to be activated on Verizon.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #5  
    Doesn't make sense that would pay $700 only to be able for Verizon use but stranger things could happen.

If you paid $150 for phone and activated new line ($35 activation fee) and then cancelled after a month or so and paid the $350 ETF, you would be out $535 plus you will need to add service bill for the month or so you used the phone ($70 for the cheapest voice/data plan with no texting plus taxes would round that up to at least $80 I would guess).
    Noticed on Verizon's website that if you want details on your bills (long distance, roaming etc, they will charge additional 1.99 monthly).
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/24/2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: numerical
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Doesn't make sense that would pay $700 only to be able for Verizon use but stranger things could happen.

If you paid $150 for phone and activated new line ($35 activation fee) and then cancelled after a month or so and paid the $350 ETF, you would be out $535 plus you will need to add service bill for the month or so you used the phone ($70 for the cheapest voice/data plan with no texting plus taxes would round that up to at least $80 I would guess).
    Noticed on Verizon's website that if you want details on your bills (long distance, roaming etc, they will charge additional 1.99 monthly).
    $700 is on the high side, but 500 to 600 is the typical non-contract price for a smartphone.

people go that route so that they don't have to renew a contract or use their upgrade.

and welcome to the world of Verizon and their nickle and diming.