Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I liked this feature a lot on my iPod touch before getting my Pre. Somehow have the ability to have universal copy paste similar to the iPhone.
    I would suggest keeping your patch requests in one large topic, instead of making multiple ones.

Also, I would want this too. I dont really like the copy/paste on the pre right now.
    i've never copy/pasted anything when using an iPhone. how is it different? i'm fine with gesture+c from wherever i'm at and then gesture+v to paste it in. but if there is something that is easier or somehow more convenient, i'm all about it!
    I find it isnt as smooth as the iphone. But thats just me.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i've never copy/pasted anything when using an iPhone. how is it different? i'm fine with gesture+c from wherever i'm at and then gesture+v to paste it in. but if there is something that is easier or somehow more convenient, i'm all about it!
    I have a touch and it is much more precise as to what you can copy. I'm sure palm will get there soon enough with a few more updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    I find it isnt as smooth as the iphone. But thats just me.
    I think that is because of this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ar-future.html

There's a 25 px threshold before your drags is interpreted as a dragging event. That makes selecting and moving the cursor feel inaccurate. Once you get beyond the threshold, I think it works fine.

I really hope this will be fixed in 1.4...

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I have a touch and it is much more precise as to what you can copy. I'm sure palm will get there soon enough with a few more updates.
    what do you mean by more precise? with holding the shift key i can highlight what i need down to the letter in any text entry field. oh wait, do you mean text on web pages? i have been only able to hold shift and tap text to basically select the whole line, so maybe that's what you mean? i do hope they get that sorted.

i'm just glad someone one here explained that the little cirlce picture for shortcuts meant to touch the right side of the geture are, not the orange key, lol. that bit of info was a life saver!
    with the ipod you get pins on either side of the selected text.you can pull each pin to select exactly what you want. Its so much easier. Also to get the ability to copy past you simply hold your fingers on the text and the options to copy and paste come up click copy and you get the copy area which I just explained. No keyboard or buttons involved. So much easier and one of the very few things I like more about the mobile osx.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    with the ipod you get pins on either side of the selected text.you can pull each pin to select exactly what you want. Its so much easier. Also to get the ability to copy past you simply hold your fingers on the text and the options to copy and paste come up click copy and you get the copy area which I just explained. No keyboard or buttons involved. So much easier and one of the very few things I like more about the mobile osx.
    That does sound like a good way to do it. Especially the independant start/stop thing.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    ya it is. When I got this phone I hesitated to pay 10 bucks to update my ipod touch, after a while I decided to update it and compare the systems. Most of webos is better (minus the lag) but for copy and paste, palm needs to make it an easy feature for everyone. Even if it was gesture tap to initiate the copy and then give little circles at the end to pull and bend as we please. Also you can do this with the internet and most apps as well on mobosx
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    gotcha. kind of like on any sort of video editing software, yeah? that seems like it would be pretty easy too. having the options just pop up like that (it sounds like the way it works in an SMS on webos) would be pretty nifty. it would be cool to add that style as an option, and also keep the way things presently work too. then people can just go with what they feel more comfortable with.

i hope it does come in a patch. i like that people can use them to design their own user experience.