Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Noob here,

I was going to install some patches to my pre using WebOS quick install and WebOS doctor, which I now get the feeling wasn't even the right program to use. It scanned my pre and changed the firmware or something like that (like I said, I'm a noob). But it ended up resetting my Pre to factory default settings (which I do believe it was supposed to do) and installed the Novacomb driver on my PC. However, after all this, my pre went back to 1.3.1 And will not update as it says there are no updates available.

What do I do?

Thanks,
    John

PS
    Please move this thread if it is in the wrong forum or point me in the direction of another thread with the same problem. I did not see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by John745577 View Post
    Noob here,

I was going to install some patches to my pre using WebOS quick install and WebOS doctor, which I now get the feeling wasn't even the right program to use. It scanned my pre and changed the firmware or something like that (like I said, I'm a noob). But it ended up resetting my Pre to factory default settings (which I do believe it was supposed to do) and installed the Novacomb driver on my PC. However, after all this, my pre went back to 1.3.1 And will not update as it says there are no updates available.

What do I do?

Thanks,
    John

PS
    Please move this thread if it is in the wrong forum or point me in the direction of another thread with the same problem. I did not see one.
    You could always download webosdoctor 1.3.5.1 and just use that to update. Here is the link. http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks. That will work in the meantime. Will this restore my Pre so that future updates will work? Or will I be stuck doctoring my Pre everytime an update comes out?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Okay, I downloaded the file, and saw only two executable files. I ran the 64 bit version of "Novacombinstaller_x64.msi" and nothing happened. THe only other executable was the 32 bit. Is there something I'm not seeing? Or is this zip file missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by John745577 View Post
    Okay, I downloaded the file, and saw only two executable files. I ran the 64 bit version of "Novacombinstaller_x64.msi" and nothing happened. THe only other executable was the 32 bit. Is there something I'm not seeing? Or is this zip file missing something?
    Make sure you have a java jre installed. You should run the .jar not uzip it.

Look here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...os_doctor.html

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I got it. I went to Palm's site and got it myself.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yeah, it runs, gets up to the point where it tells me to plug in the device, which I'd already done, but the next button is grayed out. Ran it a few times, and the same thing happened.
    Any ideas?

Should I put my Pre into Charging mode or USB mode?

_______

Nevermind, putting it into developer mode solved the problem
    Last edited by John745577; 01/24/2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Fixed