1.    #1  
    just wondering cause this removes patches and themes right? So can't we just run this before updating to 1.4? Thanks for your thoughts! I just want to make sure my pre is clean before the update!
    I run EPR, and then run webOSRU with compatibility override and have had clean OTA installs every time; no issues.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I will do that too. But is EPR necessary if you use the compatibility override?
    Probably not, but I do 'em both any way, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I run EPR, and then run webOSRU with compatibility override and have had clean OTA installs every time; no issues.
    so no issues with any of ur apps after the update or anything like that? Contacts?
    Nope, no issues whatsoever. EPR and the Repair Utility do not affect native apps of any kind, including contacts and App Catalogue apps. Nor do they affect homebrew apps. All my patches are completely gone and reinstall with no issues once I've installed the OTA update.

7.    #7  
    I am having IPK issues when trying to install and uninstall patches. Blaize, have you had these problems and did your idea of epr and utility w/ compatibility overide get rid of the issues before the update?
    I have occasionally had ipk issues and I think just running EPR and starting over, or just running webOSRU with override compatibility and starting over have both worked for me. However, if neither one alone is working for you, you can certainly try running them both -- can't hurt, could help. If worse comes to worst, you can always Doctor; just remember to back up all your data first and do a partial reset (from the Device Info app on the phone) if the good doc becomes necessary (I've had to Doctor a couple times over the past few months, and while it's a pain, it's not nearly as bad as it sometimes sounds). The combo of partial (or full) reset and Doctor will take your phone back to factory specs (except that partial will leave your personal info alone).