Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. hal3146's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
       #1  
    I had the perfect pre from a hardware perspective. No oreo effect or other minor quality issues. Dropped it on Friday and cracked the screen. It was exchanged for a refurb instore. The refurb has some oreo effect and is not as tight as my first one.

    I know that part of the oreo effecf is due to the gap on the bottom of the phone. Does anyone know is there a spec where it is considered defective? Also, I know people have sat in the store going through phones until they found one they liked. Was it worth it? Did you have to argue with the rep to do it? Guexx what I am asking is it worth it? The phone is not.terrible but after having such a good one I am dissapointed.
  2. GmrPnm21's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by hal3146 View Post
    I had the perfect pre from a hardware perspective. No oreo effect or other minor quality issues. Dropped it on Friday and cracked the screen. It was exchanged for a refurb instore. The refurb has some oreo effect and is not as tight as my first one.

    I know that part of the oreo effecf is due to the gap on the bottom of the phone. Does anyone know is there a spec where it is considered defective? Also, I know people have sat in the store going through phones until they found one they liked. Was it worth it? Did you have to argue with the rep to do it? Guexx what I am asking is it worth it? The phone is not.terrible but after having such a good one I am dissapointed.
    I did that at best buy . I went through a bunch of phones until I found one with no dead pixels or oreo effect, and yes, it was worth it. The sad thing is, you HAVE to go through a bunch to find a perfect one. It should be the other way around. Imagine if this was a t.v. or something...
  3. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm amazed at how someof these stores will actually let you do this. So some poor unsuspecting schmuck is going to get a phone that's already been opened, started up, fondled for oreo inspection and heaven knows what else.
  4. hal3146's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
       #4  
    I am surprised also. I might try it on Monday. That is why I was a little curious to know if there is soome spec for oreo or really the gap between the two phone halves when the slider is closed. I do find it annoying that when tapping on the left side of the screen with the slider closed that I hear a click which is the two halves coming together.
  5. pixelwix's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #5  
    lol I have perfect pre build date is 12/09/09, great slider, no oreo and the keys fell awsome.
  6. #6  
    The pre sucks, the pixi is better in every single way, even the forum factor is better. There is no video comparison because the pixi is soooo much better. The pre is for middle aged men that still play video games and need a life. Like seriously, I get so many chicks for having the pixi. I say want to see my pixi and they pull my pants down. That's how amazing this phone is. The packerbell computer is better then the pre, and that gay pearl you have to rub.. It's so gay. Just get the pixi because it makes the pre look like a boost mobile.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    The pre sucks, the pixi is better in every single way, even the forum factor is better. There is no video comparison because the pixi is soooo much better. The pre is for middle aged men that still play video games and need a life. Like seriously, I get so many chicks for having the pixi. I say want to see my pixi and they pull my pants down. That's how amazing this phone is. The packerbell computer is better then the pre, and that gay pearl you have to rub.. It's so gay. Just get the pixi because it makes the pre look like a boost mobile.
    Here's what Pixi is not: it's not a hardcore power-user's smartphone. It lacks certain features that power users demand, including a very fast processor, WiFi, and a large screen. We'll get back to those three compromises later in the review, but the bottom line is that if you're already a Pre owner or are looking for a lot of power in your smartphone, you'll be making a few compromises in order to get into this form factor.

    - Precentral pixi review.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Here's what Pixi is not: it's not a hardcore power-user's smartphone. It lacks certain features that power users demand, including a very fast processor, WiFi, and a large screen. We'll get back to those three compromises later in the review, but the bottom line is that if you're already a Pre owner or are looking for a lot of power in your smartphone, you'll be making a few compromises in order to get into this form factor.

    - Precentral pixi review.
    This.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Here's what Pixi is not: it's not a hardcore power-user's smartphone. It lacks certain features that power users demand, including a very fast processor, WiFi, and a large screen. We'll get back to those three compromises later in the review, but the bottom line is that if you're already a Pre owner or are looking for a lot of power in your smartphone, you'll be making a few compromises in order to get into this form factor.

    - Precentral pixi review.
    That's not true.
  10. sko
    sko is offline
    sko's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    The pre sucks, the pixi is better in every single way, even the forum factor is better. There is no video comparison because the pixi is soooo much better. The pre is for middle aged men that still play video games and need a life. Like seriously, I get so many chicks for having the pixi. I say want to see my pixi and they pull my pants down. That's how amazing this phone is. The packerbell computer is better then the pre, and that gay pearl you have to rub.. It's so gay. Just get the pixi because it makes the pre look like a boost mobile.
    OMG, Best pixi review EVAR!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Here's what Pixi is not: it's not a hardcore power-user's smartphone. It lacks certain features that power users demand, including a very fast processor, WiFi, and a large screen. We'll get back to those three compromises later in the review, but the bottom line is that if you're already a Pre owner or are looking for a lot of power in your smartphone, you'll be making a few compromises in order to get into this form factor.

    - Precentral pixi review.
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    OMG, Best pixi review EVAR!
    +1
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    The pre sucks, the pixi is better in every single way, even the forum factor is better. There is no video comparison because the pixi is soooo much better. The pre is for middle aged men that still play video games and need a life. Like seriously, I get so many chicks for having the pixi. I say want to see my pixi and they pull my pants down. That's how amazing this phone is. The packerbell computer is better then the pre, and that gay pearl you have to rub.. It's so gay. Just get the pixi because it makes the pre look like a boost mobile.
    You are either 12 years old, or need to grow up mentally.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    The pre sucks, the pixi is better in every single way, even the forum factor is better. There is no video comparison because the pixi is soooo much better. The pre is for middle aged men that still play video games and need a life. Like seriously, I get so many chicks for having the pixi. I say want to see my pixi and they pull my pants down. That's how amazing this phone is. The packerbell computer is better then the pre, and that gay pearl you have to rub.. It's so gay. Just get the pixi because it makes the pre look like a boost mobile.
    +1 renaldobenjamin but too bad you wasted on Monopoly punk.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    You are either 12 years old, or need to grow up mentally.
    I am 18 and I am very intelligent thank you.
  15. #15  
    He's 18 and still lives with his Mom.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    I am 18 and I am very intelligent thank you.
    Says who?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    Says who?
    Says me.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    Says me.
    Coming from somebody who is only 18, your opinion means very little. Sorry, just the facts.

Posting Permissions