1.    #1  
    to allow app catalog purchases on your sprint bill? i just dont want to put it directly on my credit card. its easier to see a 300 dollar bill plus 10 bucks then just 10 dollar shot on my credit card.appears less tougher pill to swallow

thank you mytether
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I think the dev's prefer to get paid right away as opposed to waiting a month for the bill to get paid. Just my uneducated guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I think the dev's prefer to get paid right away as opposed to waiting a month for the bill to get paid. Just my uneducated guess.
    That makes perfect sense
    I'd rather it be on the Sprint bill too.
  5. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    It makes more sense (for developers) to get paid from one source instead of several once webOS hits the other carriers.

wkj
    Also, Sprint does not get a cut of the application sales. Palm gets 30%, Developers 70% and Sprint 0%, so it wouldn't make sense for them to allow it to be put on the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmike04 View Post
    Also, Sprint does not get a cut of the application sales. Palm gets 30%, Developers 70% and Sprint 0%, so it wouldn't make sense for them to allow it to be put on the bill.
    Precisely. There's an administrative cost in doing so, and in supporting customers who wanted to dispute charges later. And once paid apps are available on other carriers, Palm would need to manage programs for every carrier, thus increasing their costs as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic