Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I started using YouMail for my voicemail and I want to modify the number that the phone dials when I press the voicemail shortcut. Does anyone know how to do this?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Can't you just change it in the Phone apps preferences?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    You can't modify your voicemail number in the phone preferences.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Maybe its a GSM thing then because I have.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    If you don't use manual data settings, you can edit the carrier database: CarrierNetworkSettings.db3.
    If you do, edit PalmDatabase.db3 instead.

If you search the forum for these filenames, you'll find a few tutorials telling you how to locate the files, and which fields to edit with what program.
    What do you mean by using manual data settings? I'm not sure if I do or not.
  6.    #6  
    Go to the Phone app, tap the left upper corner, select Preferences and scroll down to the Manual settings. If it's set to Off, you don't.
    It's probably Off if you don't know. ;-)
    Well I don't even have a section called Manual Settings so I guess I don't use them. :-)
  7.    #7  
    I looked at the file and found Sprint listed twice. Which one do I add the voice mail number to?
  8.    #8  
    Oh hell and damnation. Try one. Reboot the mother, and if it doesn't work try the other.
    Sorry but Palm Pre spells 'trial&error'.
    Ok I'll do that. I just read that you can really screw stuff up by editing that file, so I didn't want to go the "trial and error" route with something so dangerous. Thanks!
    Sorry tomi666, but your change does not work with Sprint. I changed both "sprint" records but the buttons still called my Sprint VM.
    I'm trying to follow the instructions in this thread because I really hate having to put in my voicemail password every time (damn Verizon). I can't get the WebOS QI "receive a file" function to work however. I have added several mods with WebOS QI, so I think everything that should be working there is. I select tools->receive a file and copy

/usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3

into the first line, select a destination, click Get.... and nothing! What am I doing wrong?

Phone: Pre
    Carrier: Verizon
    WebOS: 1.4.0
    Computer: Mac, OSX 10.6.4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anyone gotten this to work for Verizon? I followed the walk through, but nothing changed when I tried dialing the voicemail number by pressing 1 in the phone app. See screen shots to see what I changed, saved, uploaded to the phone, and restarted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bummer, thanks though.
    Sounds like a good homebrew app. I'd download it so I can have my password, etc. entered when I call VM.
    If you're on Verizon, they can set up your phone so that it will automatically put the voicemail password in for you. My dad's wife had this done, as she can never remember her passwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    If you're on Verizon, they can set up your phone so that it will automatically put the voicemail password in for you. My dad's wife had this done, as she can never remember her passwords.
    I figured out how to do that by setting up a voicemail contact, but how do you get it to automatically dial the password if you tap on the "voicemail" alerts the phone throws up or by pressing and holing 1 on the the dialpad?
    I've searched for forums but this thread comes up.. ??

Can this be done w/ Sprints 1.4.5 and if you could be so polite and point me in the right thread?

I'm a fulltime G-Voice user and would like to reprogram my V-mail #. Thanks,
    - johnnyPre
    Interesting that I've not seen this thread before.

I don't know about other carriers, but Sprint has a system called "Conditional Call Forwarding". You dial *28 + <the number you want called>, and your unanswered/busy calls go to that number.
    Is there a way to edit the # that your 1 on the keypad goes to?

So when I press and hold 'e' it dials my correct voicemail (google voice) #.

thanks,

johnnypre
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You would have to locate where the shortcuts are stored (my guess is the palmdtabase) and see if adding an entry for # would work.
    Be sure to back up the original file and prepared to run into sync issues if anything goes wrong.
    Let me know if anyone figures out how to do this. That damn voicemail password really annoys the crap out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Is there a way to edit the # that your 1 on the keypad goes to?

So when I press and hold 'e' it dials my correct voicemail (google voice) #.
    Can't you just set up a speed dial for your google voice number? That's what I do.

Make sure your google voice number is listed in your contacts. Pull up the number in your contacts list, tap on contacts at top left corner, select "Set Speed Dial" and then select the speed dial key you want to set.

For example, I set "V" for voicemail for my google voice number. When I open the phone app, I press and hold "V" on the keyboard for a few seconds and it dials my google voice number and allows me to access the voicemail.

Although I haven't tried it, you can set up your google voice number (or any number) to also enter a hard pause or timed pause + your PIN so you don't have to manually enter the PIN each time. See the link below for more info:

Adding pauses to a phone number/speed dial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast