Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Can't you just set up a speed dial for your google voice number? That's what I do.

Make sure your google voice number is listed in your contacts. Pull up the number in your contacts list, tap on contacts at top left corner, select "Set Speed Dial" and then select the speed dial key you want to set.

For example, I set "V" for voicemail for my google voice number. When I open the phone app, I press and hold "V" on the keyboard for a few seconds and it dials my google voice number and allows me to access the voicemail.

Although I haven't tried it, you can set up your google voice number (or any number) to also enter a hard pause or timed pause + your PIN so you don't have to manually enter the PIN each time. See the link below for more info:

Adding pauses to a phone number/speed dial
    That's nice and all, and I've set up the same thing for 'V' on my phone, but that means I can't just hit the touch screen when I see a voicemail notification. Furthermore you've got a lame hotkey in the '1' position. I blame Verizon mostly. I don't care about a password on my damn voice mail.

Anyway, patch to edit the voicemail hotkey, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Can't you just set up a speed dial for your google voice number? That's what I do.
    I use the You Mail application instead. I'd still like to see a true native (that doesn't break) Google Voice app for the Pre, but until then, You Mail is working nicely for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I use the You Mail application instead. I'd still like to see a true native (that doesn't break) Google Voice app for the Pre, but until then, You Mail is working nicely for me.
    I tried YouMail, even made the mistake of paying for a year's subscription. I didn't do my homework and check it out thoroughly first.

I'm on Sprint's network and there is at least a 5 second delay between the time the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) until the greeting starts. Much too long in my opinion, some people may just hang up when they don't hear the greeting right away.

I've been back and forth with YouMail support, tried a bunch of different access numbers, nothing made any difference. Google Voice on the other hand plays the greeting almost immediately, so I don't think it's an issue with Sprint's network.

YouMail support's final suggestion was for me to forward my Google Voicemail to their dropbox, which doesn't make any sense to me. Google Voice is working fine, why send it to YouMail? The point I was trying to make to them is that if it was a Sprint network problem, why isn't there a delay with Google voice?

Anyway, sorry for getting off track. I really like YouMail otherwise but the greeting delay is a deal breaker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12