1.    #1  
    I have wireless via usb on my desktop and I plugged my pre into the desktop to charge.
    A short time after which my wireless connection basically goes out. Once I disconnect the pre from the computer the internet jumps back to life. Anyone have a similar experience and know why and how to fix it? It's not a huge deal as I really never charge via usb but just thought it was odd.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    If you've ever had myTether installed, it probably created a USBnet link to your Pre that you forgot about. Your computer is preferring the USBnet link over your wifi link, and sending traffic to a dead end at your phone since myTether isn't running. With the phone plugged in, go into the network connections setup screen in Windows and disable this adapter.

At least on Windows XP, there is a pull-down "Advanced" menu with an "Advanced Settings" choice that also lets you choose the preferred order that Windows uses to select network adapters. Make sure that your wifi is above the USB interface, and you'll still be able to use myTether whenever there isn't a wifi link.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    If you've ever had myTether installed, it probably created a USBnet link to your Pre that you forgot about. Your computer is preferring the USBnet link over your wifi link, and sending traffic to a dead end at your phone since myTether isn't running. With the phone plugged in, go into the network connections setup screen in Windows and disable this adapter.

At least on Windows XP, there is a pull-down "Advanced" menu with an "Advanced Settings" choice that also lets you choose the preferred order that Windows uses to select network adapters. Make sure that your wifi is above the USB interface, and you'll still be able to use myTether whenever there isn't a wifi link.....
    Hmm, never had myTether installed and not even sure what that is.
    if the bluetooth is on this will cause interference with your wifi signal especially if you are using wireless wifi G technology cause they use a similar wireless spectrum to send data.this is similar to if you have a 2.4Ghz frequency cordless phone too close to your wireless router also