1.    #1  
    Well, the $1 HTC Hero experiment is over, and I am happy to be back to my Pre.

While I did like certain aspects of the Hero, it just didn't feel as complete as my Pre did. It was bulkier, slower, and nowhere near as polished as the Pre.

Some of the contact syncing and things of that nature were better, but the Web Browser, A2DP support, and the ease of use make Pre and WebOS the winner.

I am very anxious for the 1.4 update, and while I am also looking forward to the 2.1 Android update for the Hero, I am still believing at this point, especially after the CES, that WebOS has many more tricks up it's sleeve for this year.

I'll write a more in depth comparison at another time, but for now, It's great to be back!

Cheers,
    Robert
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I really enjoyed the build quality of the Hero, but the OS and (from what I hear) laggy-as-hell camera killed the deal for me. Hopefully the Hero 2 will address these issues?

But the Teflon-coated screen of the Hero is something I really could use on the Pre...
    glad to see ya back !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yes the hero camera sucks
    How can a 5.0 megapixel camera be bad?
    I tried the Hero for less than 24 hours before I came running back to my pre. I kept the Hero for 2 more weeks and couldn't ever understand why people would choose Android over WebOS. Hardware was awesome but the OS is as complicated as WinMo and nearly as ugly.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes View Post
    How can a 5.0 megapixel camera be bad?
    Photo quality is not always depends on mega pixel. The Pre camera uses the depth of field focus which results in generally better focus ( not always though).
    Plus Pre camera is fast between clicks. I used both the phones, The Hero camera APP is snail snow for quick clicks.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I tried the Hero for less than 24 hours before I came running back to my pre. I kept the Hero for 2 more weeks and couldn't ever understand why people would choose Android over WebOS. Hardware was awesome but the OS is as complicated as WinMo and nearly as ugly.
    That is where Android is headed Precisely.