Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I got my first scratch today, it's very thin but I am OCD about scratches on my screen. Before buying the Pre I knew the plastic screen would scratch very easily. So I bought the Invisible Shield but then removed it because I didn't like the way it looked or felt. I take care of my phones, I never drop them. All my past iPhone have had flawless scratch-less screens. I put my Pre in it's pouch when it was not in use, I took care of it like a baby. Then today I noticed a hairline scratch on the right side of the screen. Why can Palm just use a glass screen? I did everything I could to prevent this, and I've only had my phone for about two weeks. :-(
    the whole curve thing of the shell, and gesture area etc, maybe even the multi-touch implementation method, probably makes a glass surface less ideal.

budget is obviously another major concern.

I have best skin ever on all the time.
    My friend cracked his glass screen on his iphone.
    I never give it a thought as it's a phone and unless I don't use it I know there will be scratches. Heck my brand new DSi I got for Christmas has a scratch or two on it already.
  5. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    does that effect the sensitivity of the touch screen at all?
    did you not do a good job of putting the invisshield on because I thing it protects, feels and looks great.
    it's a give and take. You have to find what is most imp. To you.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My friend cracked his glass screen on his iphone.
    That's due to his carelessness, and plastic cracks too.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I never give it a thought as it's a phone and unless I don't use it I know there will be scratches. Heck my brand new DSi I got for Christmas has a scratch or two on it already.
    It's an expensive piece of technology, you should take care of it.
    Due to your carelessness you scratched your screen, quit whining.
    dude. Tell me about it. I dropped my phone from 3 feet high on to concrete. My touchstone back is all scratched up. Grrrr. Lucly it's not the screen though.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Due to your carelessness you scratched your screen, quit whining.
    I did nothing careless to cause the scratch. No keys, didn't drop it, and I always used the case. I have the right to vent just as much as anyone else. Who are you to tell me what I should or should not do?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I did nothing careless to cause the scratch. No keys, didn't drop it, and I always used the case. I have the right to vent just as much as anyone else. Who are you to tell me what I should or should not do?
    quit whining.
    Why did u take off zagg? It takes over 72 hours to dry and adhere to the screen. Big mistake!!!!!!! All the bubbles would have been gone! You would be very surprised. I know I was
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    You got a scratch, life will go on.

My BSE has slight orange peel, but i dont care and it keeps the Pre as fresh as the day i got it.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I'll "whine" all I want, I just never had an unprovoked scratch especially since I just got the phone and I've been treating it like me first born.
    get a skinomi skin. It's very similar to the zagg but to me, once it's done drying (12-24 hrs), it's very smooth and has no orange peel effect. I also have a seido innocase and the two compliment each other very well.
    unprovoked like you were taunting it and egging it on?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    unprovoked like you were taunting it and egging it on?
    no, for example droping it on the floor, putting it in your pocket with keys would provoke the screen to scratch
    Well obviously it didn't scratch itself. Why complain about the screen being plastic instead of glass? According to your explanations here, the screen would still be scratched even if it was made out of diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    no, for example droping it on the floor, putting it in your pocket with keys would provoke the screen to scratch
    so if you put your phone in your pocket with your keys your phone gets really mad and starts scratching itself?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    so if you put your phone in your pocket with your keys your phone gets really mad and starts scratching itself?
    I think you're trying to sarcasticly mock a nonexistant grammatical error. The word prokvoke has several definitions. Providing a stimulus to cause an action is one of them. The action of a drop or the sharp edge of a key can act as a stimulus, causing the plastic screen to scratch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast