Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I think you're trying to sarcasticly mock a nonexistant grammatical error. The word prokvoke has several definitions. Providing a stimulus to cause an action is one of them. The action of a drop or the sharp edge of a key can act as a stimulus, causing the plastic screen to scratch.
    I feel your pain man, believe me, but you will most past it in time. The first scratch is the worst, hopefully you don't get anymore and eventually the one you do have won't bother you as much.

The reason I live with my orange peely BSE is to avoid scratches and I've come to live with it, and if I ever do take it off the Pre will look flawless, so it pays off.
    it also means to annoy.

why don't you guys use a skin that doesn't orange peel?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it also means to annoy.

What do you mean by orange peel? The invisible shield does not peel off.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    What do you mean by orange peel? The invisible shield does not peel off.
    the term started, to the best of my knowledge, in the auto industry. the new method of painting cars makes the surface look like the skin, or peel, of an orange when looked at at certain angles.

some of the screen protectors also have this quality.
    It's an expensive piece of technology, you should take care of it.
    It gets scratch from use not abuse! BAER
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it also means to annoy.

To be honest with you, the orange peel of my BSE doesn't bother me at all.. I'm just happy its on there knowing it protects my device from scratches and what not.

I don't let the little things affect me too much, it doesn't really hinder in the way I use the device so it is a non-issue.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I have the boxwave screen protector on mine and I love it. And don't feel bad about a scratch. 6 hours after I got mine on launch day it slipped out of my hands and fell on my kitchen tile floor. Put a small crack on the lower left corner. Thankfully my innocase covers it up but the first ding is always the worst.
    I did the same once on an 800w.
    I then put a screen protector on and the scratch became totally invisible.

I got my first scratch today, it's very thin but I am OCD about scratches on my screen. Before buying the Pre I knew the plastic screen would scratch very easily. So I bought the Invisible Shield but then removed it because I didn't like the way it looked or felt. I take care of my phones, I never drop them. All my past iPhone have had flawless scratch-less screens. I put my Pre in it's pouch when it was not in use, I took care of it like a baby. Then today I noticed a hairline scratch on the right side of the screen. Why can Palm just use a glass screen? I did everything I could to prevent this, and I've only had my phone for about two weeks. :-(
    dont whine if you dont have the smarts to keep that protector on...always wear protection
  10. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    dont whine if you dont have the smarts to keep that protector on...always wear protection
    I find the feeling is alot better without...
    I've had invisishield and now a boxwave. I like the boxwave better but it doesn't protect the edges. I'm giving up on my innocase (broken tabs) so I'm probably going back to invisishield or I something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by skohcl View Post
    I find the feeling is alot better without...
    until the babies.....i mean scratches.....appear.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12