Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I had tried the Palm Pre when it was first released with Sprint. i enjoyed the device quite a bit but I returned it after reading that it was reporting stats on applications usage and GPS location back to Palm.

Now that the Pre Plus is being released with Verizon I was wondering if progress has been made in finding ways to prevent such data from being send back to Palm or the carrier.

I realize that some people do not find this to be an issue and that is fine for them. However, for myself and I am sure for many others, this is an issue. I would just like to find and hacks or patches that have been released to address this issue.

Thank you.
    I'm sorry I just don't see the issue. Frankly to me it is a safety issue like the couple who got lost on the forest road and was found largely due to the GPS feature on their phone.l
    Don't want you're phone to call home?

There's a patch for that

Prevent Palm from seeing the ipk's you've installed from there.

Basically this patch sets the Max # of Daily Uploads to 0, then, in addition, sets the upload urls to loopback 127.0.0.1

A device reboot after applying this patch may be required for the changes to take effect.
    here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I'm sorry I just don't see the issue. Frankly to me it is a safety issue like the couple who got lost on the forest road and was found largely due to the GPS feature on their phone.l
    Well clearly it is not an issue for you. It is to me as I indicated in my first post. Thanks "newone757"! That was just what I was hoping for.
    any issues with app catalog or anything? Any back up or profile problems?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.