Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Its a cheap one I got off ebay. Any idea if it is touchstone compatible?

EDIT: LET ME REPHRASE. I want to put this plastic one OVER the touchstone cover, to protect the phone every time I drop it. I'm just wondering if the plastic cover below will impede charging between a touchstone back and a touchstone charger

Last edited by corpx; 01/23/2010 at 09:59 PM.
    im pretty sure no
    have you ever seen the back side of a Touchstone cover?
    same answer
    haha, i still wanna know.
    thats just a shell cover not a touch stone battery back cover so is your question if it would work over the touch stone back battery cover
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazedg69 View Post
    thats just a shell cover not a touch stone battery back cover so is your question if it would work over the touch stone back battery cover
    Yes. Would that shell cover impede touchstone charging?
    yes it will
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    No, there are no conductive charging pieces or whatever on the inside.
    The TouchStone cover has conductive coils built into it to pick up and convert the charge. A basic plastic 'shell' cover will not work.

This picture (taken from phonewreck.com) shows what the inside of the TouchStone cover looks like - along with the TouchStone itself.

Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    to protect the phone every time I drop it.
    i know it looks like one, but it really isn't a hockey puck.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i know it looks like one, but it really isn't a hockey puck.
    I'm clumsy. What can I say?
    all jokes aside, it MIGHT work. Sprint sells one that is Touchstone compatible but it has a recessed area in the back to relieve some of the distance between the case and the guts of the Touchstone. people who have it say it works, but it's not nearly as strong of a magnetic bond.

all you can really do is try the one you got for yourself. if it doesn't work, there is always the Sprint one or the Seidio one. granted, those are probably more money than you spent on the Ebay one.
    Ahhh... I saw your edit. I guess the only way to see if something like that would work would be to put a similar piece of plastic between your device and the touchstone to see if it can still connect. Worth a try...
    HI, I know this is silighty off topic, but here it goes.

1. The after market battery door for the extended battery does not have contacts for the touchstone, (TS). Why they would be so foolish to not have one, is beyond me.

Since I an on V, I have not used a Pre nor saw the inside of the TS battery door until now.

2. Is it possible to detach the touchstone coil and contacts from the touchstone back and drill holes and attach the coil ftom the TS back to the non TS back??

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Btw, I went to a Sprint Store today and the manager had a Pre with Touchstone and he put it on and it worked!