1.    #1  
    I had a launch day Pre and had to replace it. How long will it take to bond with the new one?

I feel so funny with this new Pre. It doesn't have my nifty protective bodyguardz covering it.

I have to put back my pictures, music, and books. My Pre did everything, but vacuum and pop corn. I'll have to teach this new one everything all over again.

Give me your tips for helping the new one through the learning process. Cram it with everything and hope it keeps up or slowly introduce it to all my nifty tweaks and homebrewed apps?
    Sorry, wish I could help you but I am still enjoying my launch day Pre, no oreo, no cracked screen, tweaked with the SR 500 patch and many others. Good luck with you second Pre!!!
    Just install Preware and go down the patches list and install any of them that sound sora nifty! Same with homedrew.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Getting my first replacement unit on Tuesday. Let me know how it goes. I intend to cram it back up with patches and apps and hope for the best.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Sorry, wish I could help you but I am still enjoying my launch day Pre, no oreo, no cracked screen, tweaked with the SR 500 patch and many others. Good luck with you second Pre!!!
    I'm jealous. I had no cracks, scratches, or oreo. Some of my keys stopped working, the b, c, & m. This time out, I think I'll install the virtual keyboard and ride anything that happens out. I loved my Launch day Pre.

This one is probably okay, but I feel like it's an impersonator. I'll probably feel better by tomorrow morning. I'll start cramming my tweaks and apps. After I give it some personality, it begin to feel like the original.
    Getting my first replacement unit for my Launch day Pre on Tuesday, too.
    The touchscreen stopped working, Sprint gave me a loaner Pre (might be the same phone with a slightly scuffed replacement screen) in the mean time.
    I have the temp phone stuffed with a ton of patches, homebrew apps, and the Crown Royal theme.
    my launch day pre was riddled with bad pixels, the store manager said they couldn't replace it right away and would have to order one.....It took 2 weeks. I was ****ed, but besides the pixels it worked fine. I've been through so many that I don't get attached to a single one....I'm attached to the OS. Since My Palm Profile has never failed(save for logging into a 1.3.1 profile on a 1.04 webos and quickly reversing it everything saved) I know that it will only take an hour or so to get back to normal.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8.    #8  
    Okay. I've decided to load with everything and add the virtual keyboard. I've also decided to go with a screen protector instead of a full device protector.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see how long I can hold off on just a screen protector. It's weird on all my other devices, screen protection was all I had; but keeping my device pristine with the body glove was sweet.