Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the palm pre screen just fine for you or would you like a bigger one like the nexus one or iphone.
    I would love the nexus one screen on the pre.
    no, I don't like the big screen because the phone itself become too big and take too much space.

I dont really see the advantage of the screen of iPhone or N1, as it really makes no difference most of the time. as a phone, most of the time, the screen is off.

I use the phone for web a lot, Pre's font is so beautiful that it display webpage so much better on the screen, the physical size of the screen is not a concern to me.

I would like Pre 2 to have higher resolution, but I definitely do NOT want Pre 2 to get too large physically.
    First, I wouldn't want an OLED screen under any circumstances. OLED is virtually impossible to read in daylight, whereas the Pre's screen is remarkably visible.

Size-wise, I'm also happy with the Pre. It's almost the perfect device for me, in terms of size and overall form factor.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Sure, who would not like a bigger screen, but the compact size of my Pre is one of the main reasons for choosing it. Lugging around a big slab is just not for me, then you are forced to wearing a dorky side case.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    First, I wouldn't want an OLED screen under any circumstances. OLED is virtually impossible to read in daylight, whereas the Pre's screen is remarkably visible.

Size-wise, I'm also happy with the Pre. It's almost the perfect device for me, in terms of size and overall form factor.
    I agree. Part of the reason I think many of us chose the Pre is because it's just the right size, especially when it's closed. It's the first really powerful smartphone with a reasonably-sized screen that actually fits in my pocket nicely along with all of the other junk I put in there. Now, if the Pre had the same screen size as it does now, with the resolution of the N1 then that would be another story...
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Why on Earth would you want the Pre to maintain the screen size and up the resolution? That is a horrible idea.

The screen doesn't need to be as massive but it could be a bit bigger IMO without making the phone too big. The Pre screen already seems small when you look at some of those FPS on the iPhone, wouldnt even work with the Pre because everything would be cramped up.
    centro has smaller screen than treo 700, with higher resolutions.

I would like to see it to say no, because I believe generally higher reso is always better.

Engadget did mention that N1 screen is very difficult to see in sunlight.
    I think there should be a slab AND a 'preo' style, diversity and choices is what is going to show the true potential of webos.
    Palm prē-ist.
    I had to go to the sprint store today to replace my pre (blown speaker) and while I was waiting I tried out some of the other devices. I have no clue really which models I was looking at but I know one was an andriod and another was an HT (window based) or something and every time I picked one up and started to play around with it I realized how much more I liked the pre. All of the others were not as intuitive and they felt like bricks in my hand. Sure everyone loves a bigger screen, but I think for a phone that you carry around all the time, the pre has the perfect size and feel.
    I even thinnk the pixi is too thin.
    If Palm can take care of some of the hardware issues (speaker) and can get more software developers on board, I just don't see how it's not the best thing out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Engadget did mention that N1 screen is very difficult to see in sunlight.
    Absolutely, it has to be. OLED is inherently difficult to see in bright light, let alone direct sunlight. I'll harp on this every time I get the chance--I think OLED represents the worst sort of marketing hype, all form with absolutely no function.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'd go for both a bigger screen and higher resolution. Now I don't need it REALLY big, but upping it to 3.3-3.5" would be nice with a high resolution. Wouldn't have to zoom in and out as much...
    I think they can maintain the same form factor for people who like 3.1 " screen but provide another form factor for people like me who want a bigger screen. An HD2 type screen would be wonderful.

I would much rather they have a screen comparable to HD2 or Nexus.
    htc hd2 is the gold standard imo
    I would love the screen of a Nexus One, I LOVE AMOLED's, good, efficient, easy on the eyes display(aside from its obvious faults of being bad in sunlight).. But the Pre is a great size, the screen is proportional to the size of the device.. they would both grow sadly =(

As was stated above, we need more choices, but not too many differing selections(the internals need to be consistent across all form factors) to where it becomes a junk pile of phones like Android is..
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    i do like the overall size of the Pre. however, i would like to see a somewhat larger screen on the body of the original Pre.

along with the others, the Pre is easy to carry around. i am constantly bending over patients and lifting cots up and down stairs and what not, so, i think the Pre is perfect in that respect. i could see myself cracking a larger phone in half from the pressure of leaning against something.

just address the hardware issues and make a stronger casing...
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Why on Earth would you want the Pre to maintain the screen size and up the resolution? That is a horrible idea.

The screen doesn't need to be as massive but it could be a bit bigger IMO without making the phone too big. The Pre screen already seems small when you look at some of those FPS on the iPhone, wouldnt even work with the Pre because everything would be cramped up.
    Increasing the resolution doesn't always necessarily mean decreasing the size of the content shown by the OS. If the Pre could handle (which I bet it could) scaling up all the elements of the OS to read/view well on a higher-resolution screen, can you imagine how nice that would look? Blocky text would become smoother, pictures would become prettier and more detailed. /drool
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I love the overall size of the Pre, but prefer a slightly larger screen. If the Pre 2, like the Plus, gets rid of the center ball, I would love for the screen to reach to about where the top of the ball is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertanakani View Post
    Is the palm pre screen just fine for you or would you like a bigger one like the nexus one or iphone.
    Of course I'd rather have a bigger screen.
    bigger screen as big as they can get without changing form factor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast