1.    #1  
    I plug in the USB cable and I get the 3 options. I choose "Just Charge" (i get the icon at the bottom) as I normally do, but webosQI gives an error message saying "Please connect your device and click OK" and then i get "ERROR: No device detected".

When I choose the USB drive option, it is recognized fine and allows me to copy and move files from the Palm to my PC.

Anyone had this problem before? Any other way to install Preware? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    i've been gettin that problem lately
  3.    #3  
    Any solution? Any other way to get Preware?
    Did you put the phone in developer mode?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5.    #5  
    I had figured it out just before I saw your post. Thank you, that was it. Been a long day.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Did you put the phone in developer mode?
    you know i should of figured that out...... lol
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Just in case someone else runs across this . . . there is another way to install Preware: http://install.preware.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Just in case someone else runs across this . . . there is another way to install Preware: http://install.preware.org/

I've never heard that before and I am one of the original Pre owners, so I read your link to see what you are talking about and from what I read, this is no other way to install Preware except to use WEBOSQI!

If you know of other way, please show me in that article?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Scroll down: "Note: If you already use Javascript, Novacom, DotNet, and webOS Doctor, you can also use the Preware Installer instructions. If you don't know what all of that means just use instructions above."

The standalone Preware installer can be found here: Index of /