Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I would buy this without any hesitation. The videos look AWESOME! Multiplayer over bluetooth sounds like it would be a lot of fun too. It's kinda of ironic. My friend from work who has an iPhone would love to play this with me.. unfortunately he broke my iPhone and is the reason I have a Pre! As much as I would like my iPhone back so I can play this.. It's more exciting to see this stuff evolve, progress, and grow.

Some things I was considering about this.. they may have to strip some of the features for multiplayer. For instance, I'm not sure the Pre offers support for connecting devices via bluetooth/WiFi. Unless the PDK literally offers access to all the hardware..

Also as mentioned, cross platform play would be REALLY sweet. My iPhone friend and I could still play and I could rub multitasking in his face (for now..)

Let's hope this comes out on the Pre! Anyone e-mail Gameloft about it?

EDIT: I e-mailed their support team. Not sure what type of answer I'll get, if any, but it won't hurt to ask. I'll let you all know what response I get when I get it!
    Last edited by Tcub; 01/24/2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    @ Tcub: nice... keep us posted!

It's weird that they put NOVA on the pre phone. I thought they'd put asphalt 5 instead or something.
    Let's hope it's not some fluke and they really have that game ready for us.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    if they can get it to play good in portrait id be a very happy man. I hate on screen controls and i wish more games would take advantage of the hardware keys
    It's exactly this reason that I hope the next WebOS phone is a horizontal slider.

On Sprint, in June. I'm probably hoping for too much though...
    I hope it comes out soon
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    @ Tcub: nice... keep us posted!

It's weird that they put NOVA on the pre phone. I thought they'd put asphalt 5 instead or something.
    Let's hope it's not some fluke and they really have that game ready for us.
    Just a quick update... already.. They said they'd get back to me in 2 business or less but they'll do everything to get back to me sooner. So I should have something for everyone in a couple days!
  6.    #26  
    Yea i emailed them as well and so far thats all i've got. That's 3 people i know of who have emailed them, including myself and Tcub. I think if we get enough people here messaging them about this game they are bound to give it to us. I dont even care if i have to pay up to like 13 bucks, it still better than payin console game prices for the same amount of fun.
    I e-mailed them as well i recieved a a reply saying they could not say for legal reasons if they where porting it over.
  8.    #28  
    I think with enough inquiries they'll have no choice but to port it over, imagine all the money a game like that could garner, and in a short amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I would buy this without any hesitation. The videos look AWESOME! Multiplayer over bluetooth sounds like it would be a lot of fun too. It's kinda of ironic. My friend from work who has an iPhone would love to play this with me.. unfortunately he broke my iPhone and is the reason I have a Pre! As much as I would like my iPhone back so I can play this.. It's more exciting to see this stuff evolve, progress, and grow.

Some things I was considering about this.. they may have to strip some of the features for multiplayer. For instance, I'm not sure the Pre offers support for connecting devices via bluetooth/WiFi. Unless the PDK literally offers access to all the hardware..

Also as mentioned, cross platform play would be REALLY sweet. My iPhone friend and I could still play and I could rub multitasking in his face (for now..)

Let's hope this comes out on the Pre! Anyone e-mail Gameloft about it?

EDIT: I e-mailed their support team. Not sure what type of answer I'll get, if any, but it won't hurt to ask. I'll let you all know what response I get when I get it!
    the iphone version just uses wifi to connect to the internet for multiplayer, it's not like LAN you can play anybody with a internet connection around the world. I don't know about bluetooth though I doubt that
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Great! Maybe we can get some news about it soon!

As for bluetooth support.. That's a feature in the game. P2P bluetooth connectivity between iPhones was an API made available after iPhone 3.0..

hopefully we see it in the port and it would be even better if there were multi platform support.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    I e-mailed them as well i recieved a a reply saying they could not say for legal reasons if they where porting it over.
    When did you e-mail them about it? This thread was made last night. From the automated response I got, they only provide support during weekdays (business days) so you either inquired about it before anyone else noticed it or you're blowing smoke..
    About two weeks ago i think but its the standard line i get when asking some companies for info.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    About two weeks ago i think but its the standard line i get when asking some companies for info.
    hmmm.. I'm expecting a similar response but I'll post the message I get when I get it. Even if we don't get any information, the least we've done is show interest in this game coming to the pre.
    it will hopefully happen. and if you go to gameloft.com the game on the pre icon is n.o.v.a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ^^yes we know, the pic is in the 1st post
    oh, wow. i didn't notice that. i was on gameloft 4 days ago and noticed
    oh, and Tcub i also contacted them about n.O.v.a. hopefully this works
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indecom View Post
    you know the screen sizes aren't that different. You're talking like a fraction of an inch smaller. All you gotta do is get used to playing.
    .4 inches is a big difference for cell phone screens. Have you used and iPod/iPhone after using your Pre for a while?
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    .4 inches is a big difference for cell phone screens. Have you used and iPod/iPhone after using your Pre for a while?
    .4 inches is a big difference for women too Seriously though, checked this out on my friends iPhone, it's freaking awesome, hoping to get it on the Pre soon and see if we can play against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    It could be possible, but that'd be WAY unfair since the game is slightly different for iPhone and Pre.

For example, Preplayers have to get used to the smaller screen and it would be fair for preplayers to battle each other but the game balance could be thrown when smallerscreenplayers play against biggerscreenplayers.
    no different than tv size.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast