Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a defector too from I phone, I had Cingular/ATT service (TREOS) for many years, very happy. When T-Mobile came about, ATT was leasing towers to them. FInally after the Cingular ATT merge, ATT sold the towers off to T-Mobile and they coverage in our area (huge area in LA area) was terrible.

I did the Iphone 3G and had the WORST experience with dropped calls. After 3 months of calling ATT and Apple relented, letting me off with no ETF. Apple agreeing to take back the phone (which I ended up keeping for an Ipod/app toy).

Sprint is great where I live and where I have traveled in the US, much better that ATT and definitely much better than T-Maybe as we call it here.

The Pre's OS is so nice too, yes somewhat laggy, but compared to the one button joy stick of the iphone, I am very happy.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    false and false, at&t, and t-mobile
    Actually, they're talking about 3G coverage so he's right. Sprint is #2 in coverage and given how few cities t-mo covers, Sprint is #1 in value.

Cellular Maps.com-3G Coverage Comparison:AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Verizon

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Actually, they're talking about 3G coverage so he's right. Sprint is #2 in coverage and given how few cities t-mo covers, Sprint is #1 in value.

Cellular Maps.com-3G Coverage Comparison:AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Verizon

He didn't say 3G coverage, and at&t has updated all their 3G towers to HSPA (7.2mbps max) , where as VZ and Sprint have EVDO rev A (3.1mbps max) that's why at&t's 3G hasn't expanded much. I live about 20 minutes outside of 3G coverage for most of the year, so that was one reason I left at&t.

Some places at&t's EDGE isn't that much slower than VZ's "3G", and it's EDGE network covers most of the nation. But I digress, I'm not trying to defend at&t. They clearly need to expand their 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post

+1 That statement is seriously true, but...I still think that Sprint is evil!!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    He didn't say 3G coverage, and at&t has updated all their 3G towers to HSPA (7.2mbps max) , where as VZ and Sprint have EVDO rev A (3.1mbps max) that's why at&t's 3G hasn't expanded much. I live about 20 minutes outside of 3G coverage for most of the year, so that was one reason I left at&t.

Some places at&t's EDGE isn't that much slower than VZ's "3G", and it's EDGE network covers most of the nation. But I digress, I'm not trying to defend at&t. They clearly need to expand their 3G.
    He quoted and replied to the OP who is talking about 3G coverage.

About att 3g update, it's not truely complete. The backend still needs to be updated. AT&T activates HSPA nationwide, with restrictions - PhoneDog Cell Phone News & Articles

And some places att 3g is as slow as edge too. Every network has spotty coverage 'some places'. Here's a link to 3g speed tests between Verizon, ATT and Sprint A Day in the Life of 3G - PC World Verizon's 3g was fastest in most of the cities tested. Followed by Sprint's 3g.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1
    He didn't say 3G coverage, and at&t has updated all their 3G towers to HSPA (7.2mbps max) , where as VZ and Sprint have EVDO rev A (3.1mbps max) that's why at&t's 3G hasn't expanded much.
    AT&T hasn't actually upgraded the vast majority of their towers to HSPA 7.2Mbps yet. The software is there, but the backhaul is not:

AT&T kicks it into overdrive, rolls out 7.2Mbps everywhere -- but there's a catch -- Engadget

AT&T's 3G hasn't expanded because they haven't made the required investment to do so.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    AT&T hasn't actually upgraded the vast majority of their towers to HSPA 7.2Mbps yet. The software is there, but the backhaul is not:

AT&T kicks it into overdrive, rolls out 7.2Mbps everywhere -- but there's a catch -- Engadget

AT&T's 3G hasn't expanded because they haven't made the required investment to do so.
    I see...Did it cost a lot to upgrade all those towers? I would assume so
    Don't really get how AT&T can't have such a great network.... I mean in all honesty, they have one of the biggest internet backbones on PLANET EARTH , you'd think they would manage to pop 3G everywhere in the country like VZW has managed... Even Sprint has managed and they're losing cash fast! One huge reason why I left AT&T for Sprint... The cheaper bill helps too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey vza33 may i get a copy of that wallpaper you have there ??? do you mind??
    As requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    one of the things i really like about my pre is how when i am using the sprint navigation, i tend to plug the phone into my car stereo so i can listen to pandora... but when the navigation tells you to turn, the music dims and afterwards the music comes back up

pretty slick...
    sorry to revive a week old thread, which is years based on forum speed.

Im curious if ptb127 made the switch. If you did, what do you think?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123