Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    humm....got the patch, thanks jason! But not understanding the instructions here....not seeing which port to set to what on the usb passthrough app....
    anyone have the settings for this question? i would like to usb tether with usb passthrough and freetether...is this possible on 1.4?
    Sorry for asking this i know its been asked a lot but when i install freetether it doesnt show up on my pre any suggestions ?
    I'm with freetether now. I have freetether on my Pre connected via USB, ip forwarding, and bluetooth on. I get that bull**** Sprint not auth. message but it's still tethered. I'm using it while typing this now.
    My stupid cable internet went out again.....thanks to mytether, I'm still surfing!!! I'm very glad I purchased it last month. It works like a charm. Also, I had to replace my pre 2 weeks ago and all my settings were still there. Cool!! I only use it when my cable co has problems-about 2 times a month anymore.
    very cool, still looking how to get freetether links ect.. ty
    Freetether really made it for me. I have it all working, WiFi, Bluetooth, the whole shibang. It is awesome.

Some big thanks to those putting this together.

One quick question:
    Has anyone use freetether to USB connect with a Mac?

If so, I would like instructions. Have tried USB Passthrough and any other combination that I could think of, but without success....

Once again, thank you all.....
    Where do you find freetether...freetetherd...and mobile hotspot..im on sprint..i dont know where to go at all...help please
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    You can search the forums here for "Mobile HotSpot for Sprint".
    (links don't work here)

It works great! I am camping in my camper, connected to internet with it right now. With it, now I am free from having to camp right by a campground office just to get Wifi internet access. And was easy to install from the directions.
    Thanks man and do I also get the mobilehotspot with the freetether there? For some reason it wont' let me download the "freetetherd" thing...It's making me mad lol
    FAtristan - how did you get the Bluetooth and the wifi working using freetether? I have a thread titled Tether! that I just started that I would like to add that info to. The instructions may not be perfect... but they are a good starting point. I'm just trying to consolidate the info out there on how to start tethering with relatively simple step by step directions. I realize that there may be issues that occur, but it is easier to get your starting directions in one place than to search 20 different 5 page threads to sift out any useful info.
    That's true..AND I STILL CAN'T FIND MOBILE HOTSPOT..AT ALL..I DON'T KNOW IF IM SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE QUICKINSTALL THING TO GET IT OR WHAT..I DID THE LITTLE GLITCH THING..AND IT DIDN'T SHOW UP IN MY PALM APP CATALOG EITHER..SIGHS
    I can't figure out how to get any of this stuff..I got as far as the dang on....USBNET PASSTHROUGH..I can't get the hotspot..nor FREETETHER..I cant even download FREETHERD..but I can at least see that app..smh this is annoying me.SOMEONE HELP ME DIRECTLY! please.
    With Bluetooth all you have to do is to "pair" both, your Palm and your Mac (remember that I am using a Mac) using mytether. I never got to do it using USB. Never worked. But Bluetooth did. Once they are talking you just tell it to use the internet from the phone. It does recognize it like if it will have an ethernet cable hooked, however it is easier and faster using WiFi and freetether....

I also got it working with freetether via bluetooth after you pair both of them and it finds it like an ethernet cable too. My prefered method is to hook the phone via USB (for charging purposes only), then use hotspot and find it with WiFi. It is easier, better and faster, plus the laptop charges the phone and the phone works as a hotspot. It is swell... :-)
    is there not a patch to turn on a usb tether as easy as turning on the mobile hotspot?
    I installed the app using prewire. Everything seems fine but I cannot get my touch to actually connect to internet. It connect to the networks using wifi and i can see it in the connections tab. Do I need to configure something on the touch as well?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234