Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre exchanged 5 times for legit reasons and Sprint offered to give me a Pixi. I'm seriously thinking about taking them up on the offer. I realize the Pixi's has a smaller screen and lacks WIFI but I'm willing to do without because I really like the Pixi's form factor and it looks like it's built better with less moving parts to break. My question is I've read that the processor's not as nice but why? It's clocked at a higher speed what makes the Pre's processor better? Also does the Pixi have a GPU like the Pre I really don't want to be left out of the new games and Flash. Thanks for any input I'm sold on Palm and love the software I just want a phone that doesn't fall apart.
    I have been wondering the same thing, it's been the reason I can't decide between the pre and pixi. I doubt that palm would leave pixi users out, especially on gpu. It's not considered a smartphone on sprint's website, so the games would be a bad thing to leave out. I hope that palm doesn't make a stupid decision and leave half their customers behind.
    pixi is the lower end device aimed at tweens and first time smartphoners so i would be disappointed if they gave it the same capabilities as the pre the high end device
    which is the better phone?
    PRE this is a stupid question.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Are apples better than oranges?

Do I like raspberry or cherry? Somebody tell me quick, because I can't figure it out.
    Seriously if you have to ask this question don't get eather. You probably won't be able to figure out how to use it anyway. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgoin783 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgoin783 View Post
    Depends on your needs. Pre has more options open to it, and in general has better hardware. Pixi is a very good phone, but is less "powerful."
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Pixi: A slower version of the Pre. No slider or WiFi.
    i don't think this is that self-evident...

Yes pre is 'more powerful' but multiple people have said they felt pixi was just as fast. Pre screen is larger, resolution is better, pre has wifi...these are facts.

Many people prefer the form factor of the pixi, and (judging by these forums at least), the pre has had some issues in that department. Now if pixi gets wifi, as it seems to be, the gap in features narrows a bit.

So the pre is undoubtedly 'more powerful', but there are factors beyond power when considering a phone....in certain categories, i think, pixi outshines the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    i don't think this is that self-evident...

Yes pre is 'more powerful' but multiple people have said they felt pixi was just as fast. Pre screen is larger, resolution is better, pre has wifi...these are facts.

Many people prefer the form factor of the pixi, and (judging by these forums at least), the pre has had some issues in that department. Now if pixi gets wifi, as it seems to be, the gap in features narrows a bit.

So the pre is undoubtedly 'more powerful', but there are factors beyond power when considering a phone....in certain categories, i think, pixi outshines the pre...
    Seems like a fairly approps comment. I'll add for the OP that it all depends on what you're looking for.

Personally, I'm prolly going to go with the Pixi when it hits ATT mainly b/c I'm not really into sliders.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I recently bought a Pixi and returned it for a pre. Let me tell you what i find is the differences.

The pixi is a great form factor. super small. No wifi (who cares), but it is slow. compared to the pre we're takling iphone 3g vs 3gs. Battery life for me was better on the pixi.

The pre's larger screen is nice, if you don't mind a larger device. Its much zippier than the pixi but the battery life is not good. It does have wifi, and the camera is a bit better but in general they both took crappy pictures without an autofocus.

It really comes down to which form factor you like, imo.

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I would also like the to see what the Pixi looks like on Verizon or AT&T. On these carriers it may actually be a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Are apples better than oranges?

Do I like raspberry or cherry? Somebody tell me quick, because I can't figure it out.
    Apples are better, and you like raspberries! Back on topic, i would say that it all depends on your needs, but from my experience with the pre it would be the better choice.
    I've spent hours on your forum, enjoying reading the posts. I'm leaning toward the Pre for the bigger screen. I have a Centro now. My main reason for upgrading is that I drop a lot of calls when I'm "at the cabin." Would my signal strength be better with one or the other (pre or pixi)?
    Thanks for your help.
    in areas of spotty coverage, FOR ME, the Pixi holds onto EVDO better and roams less than the Pre.

I'm stressing the FOR ME part.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I went from the Pixi to the Pre and have been really happy with the Pre. I too wanted the bigger screen and wifi. If you can try both within your 30 day return/exchange period.

As for signal, i havent noticed a difference between the pixi and the pre. Both are strong where I live.
    pre is faster stronger can do more. pixi cant play 3d games pre has wifi and you can use the pre on sprint as well as a wifi modem for you laptop computer etc just needs a little homebrew work and the best things its free to use. bigger screen pre is the better device pixi is good as well just the pre is the better webos device it just can do more and its stronger and faster
    I've had my Pixi for 2 weeks, and then purchased a Pre to use. I've been on the Pre for 2 days now, and I can tell you each has its strengths & weaknesses.

Call quality is much better on my Pre vs. the Pixi.
    I do think the Pixi its easier to operate with 1 hand vs. the Pre, and I personally feel the Pixi operates more smoothly than the Pre. (Both are are 1.3.5.1 btw)

The screen size honestly is a non-issue for apps coded to handle both sizes...and the thumboard is better on the Pixi.

The thing I don't like about the Pre's thumboard is that it can be hard to type on the top row as its tight up against the screen body...but that could be just me.

Personally, they're both great devices, and if you didn't have one to constantly compare to the other, you'd never notice them.

I haven't decided which to keep yet...I will say this though, the screen size on the Pixi feels 'right' to me, where as the Pre now seems overly large...which is probably b/c I started with a Pixi, and move 'up' to the Pre.
    Re vera, potas bene.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast