Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    50% of the people replying so far have actualy read and understood the original question.
    I can't say for certain but the Pre seems to hold a signal decently for me. Granted, the SF Bay Area has always had excellent Sprint coverage. But, to be honest, go with the form factor you like, and if you're having issues, invoke the 30-day return policy to try out the other model. Keep in mind that Flash and 3D are both coming to the Pixi, so you're not totally missing out on anything.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    50% of the people replying so far have actualy read and understood the original question.
    LOL the OP asked about reception more so than anything else and it seems like most of the replies just read the title of the thread without actually reading the post.

To try and answer your question, I only have a Pre but it gets great reception for me. Calls are clear and I don't drop any. Even at work where people with iPhones have no reception I usually have 3-4 bars... not sure if that is showing how good the Pre is or how good Sprint is in this area... but ya.
    Signal wise, they are equal with varying results for some, so YMMV. I would too recommend the Pre for the more powerful hardware and the excellent camera.
    Prior to CES I would have said that WiFi and the screen size were the only real differences... but now with the 3D games, Mobile Hot Spot, etc... I wouldn't touch a Pixi with a ten foot pole.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Prior to CES I would have said that WiFi and the screen size were the only real differences... but now with the 3D games, Mobile Hot Spot, etc... I wouldn't touch a Pixi with a ten foot pole.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandesa View Post
    Would my signal strength be better with one or the other (pre or pixi)?
    @spader agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    I believe my statement about the WiFi and Screen Size being the ONLY differences kind of covered differences in signal as well.

As far as I'm aware, the Pre and Pixi have identical - or nearly so - CDMA radios.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I currently have an LG Voyager with a broken screen and have been patiently waiting for Verizon to get the Pre or Pixi...now we know it is the plus version of both and I am eligible for an upgrade.

I don't care for sliders and I'm not that big of a gamer but I want to see some reason to get either one and what everyone's typical use is. I have a BB 8703e for work so the Palm is just a "toy" with messaging and the Internet as its primary use.

Thanks
    pixi
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    @chud311

why....
    pixi is a better msg phone just because exposed, and better keyboard.

but pre give you more potential, I know you said you don't care about 3D games, but sometimes it better to have more possibilities.

also a bigger screen give more viewable space when web surfing.
    I would vote for PRE.

You mentioned Internet as one of the reasons for getting a webOS device then a bigger screen, more Memory and better CPU are all compelling reasons to get PRE.

The price difference is minimal at best and while Pixi is more compact PRE is not a whole lot different. I have had ZERO problems with the keyboard on PRE and by all accounts PRE PLUS is better.
    I have both the pre and pixi and flat out get the pre. I love the pixi, but when I switch from the pre to the pixi it is just so slow lol the keyboard is way better on the pixi than the pre but the pp's (lol) have awesome keyboards. The pixi is a great device but the pre is just so much better. My complaints with mine have have been addressed with the pre plus, better slider mech. And clicky keyboard! Get the pre, go big. But don't blame me when you see you used 5g of data! The pixi is slower and has a smaller screen, I barely use data on it other than weather checks lol

as far as signal strength goes the pre seems to work better but the pixi seems to register that it has more signal. The pre sounds clearer as the placement of the mic on the pixi is exactly where you hold the phone, but will just say that they are neck and neck. I can get about 2 feet closer to my furnace in my basement with the pre than the pixi. So obviously signal isn't going to make a difference.
    Last edited by toyotast165; 01/23/2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot to talk about signal
    Palm prē-ist.
    <<merged 5 threads>>

I just typed: 'pixi' chose titles only. Searched only the Pre Forum.

5 similar pixi vs pre threads.

It helps future forum users when we post in an already posted topic.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddthld View Post
    @chud311
    follow me on Twitter!!! no, don't really.

why....
    Quote Originally Posted by ddthld View Post

I don't care for sliders
    Pixi

and I'm not that big of a gamer
    Pixi

the Palm is just a "toy" with messaging and the Internet as its primary use.
    Pixi. it has a better keyboard. better build quality. has the same and will have the same internet browsing experience as the Pre.

it meets all your requirements.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12