Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    until they fix word wrap and zoom-follow, no amount of flash will make it more "usable" than the iphone browser
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    n800 and n810 have had full flash for more than a year. Full flash with hulu and everything. You end up turning it off alot though.

key to the pre is hardware acceleration and hopefuly an easy way to turn it off and on only when I want it.
    I think Palm made it so that flash only appears if you double tap a flash video/advertisement, THEN it shows up.

This is good because you don't have to see advertisements unless you want to and let you watch/play what you want: games/movies/shows.
    I think Flash without hardware acceleration on any phone will amount to garbage. PC's can get away with it due to fast CPU's. Hardware acceleration will changes things immensely.
    All this talk of Flash - I thought it was supposed to be out 2 weeks after the big show?? Where is it or when can we expect it?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    until they fix word wrap and zoom-follow, no amount of flash will make it more "usable" than the iphone browser
    Just double tap on the text area before you start typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewj318 View Post
    All this talk of Flash - I thought it was supposed to be out 2 weeks after the big show?? Where is it or when can we expect it?
    Adobe is notoriously bad at hitting deadlines
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJay View Post
    It does auto wrap if you zoom using double tap.
    not like the hero does. or how about font size where is that option.
    I am not so sure Flash is such a big deal with a screen as small as the Pre's. Flash games are awful. Especially now that the SDK has been opened up to allow true 3d programming, nobody will care about flash games.

Flash in websites is kind of nice, I guess. But I cant see it as a huge selling point.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I am not so sure Flash is such a big deal with a screen as small as the Pre's. Flash games are awful. Especially now that the SDK has been opened up to allow true 3d programming, nobody will care about flash games.

Flash in websites is kind of nice, I guess. But I cant see it as a huge selling point.
    Hulu by itself is a pretty huge selling point.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    The average consumer couldn't care less, and it will eat the already rather anemic battery life even faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendilon View Post
    Hulu by itself is a pretty huge selling point.
    to whom? I wonder what percent of people walking into the Verizon Wireless store today to look at a bunch of phones are thinking about watching hulu on a 3.1 inch screen (if at all).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12