1.    #1  
    I posted in the thread for the actual app but don't know how much help I'll get.

I have my google number and I have the app setup.

How do I use it?

1) Do I need to have this app running in order for it to work? Otherwise I won't get notified of texts/calls sent to that number?
    2) If I text from my regular messaging app or call from my regular phone app, does it show my Sprint number or my Google number?
    3) If I send a text from within gDial, and then continue the conversation in the regular messaging app, does it it keep going with the GV number?

I'm sure there are other questions but I can't think of them right now.

Please help...lol.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Have you went into preferences and entered your information? If you go to google.com/voice you can set up how you want to be notified for text messages. 1-3 can be answered in the help section of Google voice. Google messages will show 406 number
    1. If you are running the HOMEBREW version, no. It will use the same background notifications as stock apps.
    2.It would show your google number from the app.
    3. I believe it keeps the google number.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you went into preferences and entered your information? If you go to google.com/voice you can set up how you want to be notified for text messages. 1-3 can be answered in the help section of Google voice. Google messages will show 406 number
    Yeah I did all that stuff.

I'm just not sure what people see when I text from my messaging app. My real number or my google one? If someone sends me an SMS to my google number and I don't have gDial running, will it go to the messaging app? Or do I ALWAYS have to have gDial running for Google Voice related things?

Does gDial take over ALL communication going out of my phone? Or what?
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Yeah I did all that stuff.

I'm just not sure what people see when I text from my messaging app. My real number or my google one? If someone sends me an SMS to my google number and I don't have gDial running, will it go to the messaging app? Or do I ALWAYS have to have gDial running for Google Voice related things?

Does gDial take over ALL communication going out of my phone? Or what?
    Thanks again for all your help with the PDF's. I think i have your answers. If you got a Google number and you call and text from the gdial plus they will see your Google Voice number. BUT if you got a non google number from google voice and use google voice for your voice messaging they will see your Cell number if you talk or text from gdial.
    hope this helps!
    if someone sends you a text you will receive it at both places. You do not have to have gdial running at all times
    Gdial doesn't have to be running continously you can set it up to get voicemail and sms through your mesasging app Go to www.google.com/voice login and make the changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7.    #7  
    I did all those options Mamouton. So judging by what you see...what's going to happen when I have the app closed and someone texts me? Is it going to go to my messaging app? And when I reply, will it reply from my google number? That's what I'm most curious about. I know it'll call my phone if someone dials my google number.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (82.7 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (84.2 KB, 4 views)
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    if someone texts your google voice number with the settings you have you will get it in your message app.
  9.    #9  
    And if I just send a text out right from my messaging app, it's going to use my Sprint number. Correct?
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    As long as you are not sending a text to someone that texted into your google number, the google numbers will start with a 406. So if Sam texts your 817-555-1212 number and you respond Sam will see your 555-1212 number. Sally text your gv 406-964-5698 and you get in your message app and you respond Sally will see your google voice number.
  11.    #11  
    Awesome. Thanks man.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Awesome. Thanks man.
    Now I am thoroughly confused...
    Guess I'll have to work through it. Hey, a steep learning curve taken makes you smarter a lot quicker (I think;-)
    How do I get it to pick up voicemail? If I dial 1 I do not get my voicemail anymore.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do I get it to pick up voicemail? If I dial 1 I do not get my voicemail anymore.
    You run the app and click voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You run the app and click voicemail.
    In the description it says dial 1 for voicemail.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    In the description it says dial 1 for voicemail.
    What I do is open the app, click the middle button (piece of paper looking thing) and there they are, transcripts and all.