1.    #1  
    What happens if I get an activated Pre, and then activate it on my account, that doesnt have a data plan? I'm curious becuase someone told me that it would work.
    it won't.
    wouldnt they just charge you per kb of usage which would really add up unless you were on wifi or something else?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignibb View Post
    wouldnt they just charge you per kb of usage which would really add up unless you were on wifi or something else?
    I have a data PACK, not a data plan. That wouldent be a prolem. I'm on a messaging plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    I have a data PACK, not a data plan. That wouldent be a prolem. I'm on a messaging plan.
    what?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what?
    I am on a Messaging Plan. However I have a plan addon thats a Data Plus Pack.

Look at the pic:

If you are on Sprint, you MUST switch to the Everything Data plan. They will not let you put a Pre on the line otherwise. They will change your plan. A data pack doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    What happens if I get an activated Pre, and then activate it on my account, that doesnt have a data plan? I'm curious becuase someone told me that it would work.
    By virtue of including/activating a Pre onto your account, Sprint's billing system will automatically re-assign that associated phone number to an Everything Plan. If you have the antiquated "Data Pack" and a separate Messaging option, most likely you will be saving money changing that to one of the Everything plans. You definitely will be getting a better overall value with all the services that get included into an Everything option.

BTW, this isn't only for the Pre; includes Instinct, BlackBerry, Pixi, Touch-series and some other SMartPhones.