Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    So here is my question(s)...

I have an old LG phone from Verizon and have been month to month for over a year now. Essentially I want to get a phone with a keyboard, for easier txting.

I have a Blackberry Curve for work, in March we are getting new phones, maybe even the Pre might be an option, but probably only Blackberrys like Storm 2, Curve 2.

Should I jump in and get the PRE PLUS? Or should I wait for the next PALM WebOS device. The reason I am hesitant to jump right in is because...

..only a 500MHz processor on the Pre, the Nexus One that is going to VZW in late Spring will have 1GHz.

..possibility of a new Palm device with a faster processor might hit Verizon this year and I wont be elligable for a new device for another 2 years if I get the Pre now.

Any thoughts.

Maybe I could get a very cheap phone with a keyboard off of ebay for personal txting use and stay month to month?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly814 View Post

..only a 500MHz processor on the Pre, the Nexus One that is going to VZW in late Spring will have 1GHz.
    don't get hung up on paper specs.

..possibility of a new Palm device with a faster processor might hit Verizon this year and I wont be elligable for a new device for another 2 years if I get the Pre now.
    that's a HUGE might. there is no announcement of a new Pre model for Sprint or any carrier.

have you played with either device? you might hate the N1. you might hate the Pre. both are leaps and bounds different from a dumbphone, and even a BlackBerry.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Don't get hung up on what MIGHT be coming along in the future. No matter what new phone you get or when you get it, there will always be something newer and better coming along within about 6 months. Unless you know something you are interested in is coming out soon, get whatever you like the best right now. If you keep worrying about what might come along in the future, you will be stuck with that old flip phone forever.

BTW...you can get an upgrade every year with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    As with anyone switching phone platforms, do your research and ensure the features you want are present.

Don't read too much into CPU speeds, it really depends on the OS running on it. Pres are pretty snappy but they can get bogged down from time to time.

I love my Pre and Palm is stuck with me.