Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Obviously, my Palm Pre has 8 GB memory. I have two movies, a handful of apps, and another handful of music. "Device Info" tells me I have about 0.5 GB free memory.

My question is this: Does the Pre keep remnants of files that have been deleted? It doesn't seem to me that I should only have that much still available. Is there a way for me to browse and delete them, or a cache I can clear somehow? Or an app for that?

I'm using a MacBook Pro, and using Finder to browse the Pre as a USB drive doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Thanks.
    Ah. What you need to do is hook up your Pre in USB mode and then empty the trash. When Finder deletes something off a usb drive, it makes a separate trash folder on the drive. It can only be emptied when you empty the trash.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    How big are your movies? I have two in mine and about 5.6 gig available. The movies are about .6 gig each.

I have added and deleted movies, mp3s, etc. and do not seem to have a memory loss associated with that.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Ah. What you need to do is hook up your Pre in USB mode and then empty the trash. When Finder deletes something off a usb drive, it makes a separate trash folder on the drive. It can only be emptied when you empty the trash.
    What trash? Where is a trash folder located on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    How big are your movies? I have two in mine and about 5.6 gig available. The movies are about .6 gig each.

I have added and deleted movies, mp3s, etc. and do not seem to have a memory loss associated with that.
    It's a mac thing. They do it to any USB drive.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I've hooked up the Pre in USB mode, and I don't see a Trash folder, or even a folder that has a Trash subfolder. Sorry.
  7.    #7  
    Oh, wow. Went from .5GB to 4.28. Thank you so much.
  8.    #8  
    Just click "finder" and select "empty Trash" while connected. That's all.

It's a hidden folder. Just click on Finder--Empty Trash as you normally do, with the Pre attached in USB mode, then eject it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Oh, wow. Went from .5GB to 4.28. Thank you so much.
    No prob. Not a lot of people are aware of this.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    It's a mac thing. They do it to any USB drive.
    Thanks. Wondered if it might be something the MAC was doing.
  12. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    What the heck is Finder?? I have XP
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    What the heck is Finder?? I have XP

something you haven't got.
  14. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Thanks!! That's the spirit!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Thanks!! That's the spirit!!
    It's like Windows Explorer, but on a Mac. If you read the original post, you'd know I was using a Mac. Thus, a Windows XP user hasn't got it, and doesn't need to worry about it. No need to be a turd about it.
    Do I need to empty Pre trash with a windows computer?Or is it done automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    It's like Windows Explorer, but on a Mac. If you read the original post, you'd know I was using a Mac. Thus, a Windows XP user hasn't got it, and doesn't need to worry about it. No need to be a turd about it.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Do I need to empty Pre trash with a windows computer?Or is it done automatically?
    I think the point of the posts is that MAC creates a trash folder on the Pre and places any deleted files in the trash folder -- which then needs to be emptied.

The Pre has no native trash folder and Windows does not create one on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    You have nothing to worry about. This is a Mac-specific issue.
    Hi there,

I am downloading mp3 songs. How can I check that , there is a sufficient memory or not ?

thanks in advance,

Mandar
    Quote Originally Posted by mandarmuthe View Post
    Hi there,

I am downloading mp3 songs. How can I check that , there is a sufficient memory or not ?

thanks in advance,

Mandar
    just go to device info in launcher it will tell you available memory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast